The long-awaited Super Mario Maker 2 version 1.1.0 update is finally out on Nintendo Switch, and players are getting a lot of features that were missing at launch. Please take a look at the patch notes from the Super Mario Maker 2 Team.
Important Notice from the Super Mario Maker 2 Team
Ver. 1.1.0 Changes
- You can now play with a horizontal Joy-Con controller in all Game Modes.
- You can change your controller orientation by accessing the Main Menu.
- You can now use touch with button controls when making a course in handheld mode. You can also change to touch-only controls in Settings.
- You can now choose "Play with Friends" from the Network Play section of Course World.
- You can now select Play Together directly from Course World.
- You can now see a list of Official Makers from the Leaderboards in Course World.
Today's update brings some welcome quality of life improvements to Super Mario Maker 2, as well as bringing features that had players complaining ahead of the game's launch. Finally, we can play levels with our friends online using the "Play with friends" option. The version 1.1.0 update also adds a Play Together button that can easily be launched from Course World.
Some of the hype surrounding the game has died down, but this is certainly going to be a great time to jump back in. There have been over five million courses uploaded to Super Mario Maker 2, so even if you aren't the most creative level designer, there are so many levels to choose from. The Shacknews Chatty community Google Doc still had a ton of SMM2 Course IDs for players to try out with their friends.
I am currently working on my sixth level. Is today's update enough to draw you back into the game? Are you too busy honking in Untitled Goose Game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section. Super Mario Maker 2 version 1.1.0 is live now on Nintendo Switch. Let's-a-go!
Asif Khan posted a new article, Super Mario Maker 2 ver 1.1.0 update adds play with friends & more
This will probably get me back into this finally :)
About damn time.
'You can now select Play Together directly from Course World.'
Deer Lord finally
Here are the course IDs for my 5 Super Mario Maker 2 levels: