The developers of Towerfall and Celeste have formed a brand-spanking new studio called Extremely OK Games.
The independent game studio will be based in Vancouver, Canada. Matt Thorson will be the Director of R&D and is joined by Noel Berry, Amora B., Pedro Medeiros, Heidy Motta, and composer Lena Raine. Additional collaborators Kert Gartner, Gabby DaRienzo, Nick Suttner, and Sven Bergstrom will also be working on Extremely OK Games projects.
This team used to operate under the Matt Makes Games moniker, and achieved indie dev rockstar status in 2018 with the smash hit platformer Celeste. Matt Thorson is also known for their work on the Towerfall series. Matt has also made several Super Mario Maker 2 levels that are pretty darn great.
Extremely OK Games first order of business will be the release of Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell DLC next week. The next part of Madeline's journey launches on September 9, 2019.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect from the Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell DLC:
Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell
Saying goodbye is never easy. Finding the right way to send off the characters and world of Celeste was especially difficult for us, but we're very excited about what this chapter became. Here's some details:
- Chapter 9: Farewell is a new story chapter for Celeste, releasing 9/9/2019 for free on all platforms*.
- It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game's total to over 800!
- Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
- There's several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
- Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
- This chapter doesn't have a B- or C-Side.
- To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.
* The Xbox One version might not be released on the same day. We apologize, but coordinating this patch across all consoles was challenging for our tiny studio! If it doesn't make the 9th, it will release soon after. Thank you for understanding.
We look forward to what is in store for the team at Extremely OK Games. Keep it locked on Shacknews for Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell DLC coverage when it launches next week.
Asif Khan posted a new article, Celeste and Towerfall devs form new Extremely OK Games studio
I'm extremely ok with that :)