As you train the students of your house and take on new battles, you’ll quickly become more engrained in the lore that surrounds the world of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. A key piece of the lore, and of your arsenal, are Hero Relic Weapons. These weapons are more powerful than standard weapons, however, they are also more difficult to repair. In this guide we’ll tell you how to get all twelve of the Hero Relic Weapons in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, as well as discuss which units can wield them.
How to get all Hero Relic Weapons in Fire Emblem: Three Houses
There are twelve Hero Relic Weapons that players can acquire in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. However, because some of them can only be used by certain characters (and not all characters are recruitable), you’ll only be able to acquire a certain number of them in each playthrough.
To learn more about recruiting new students, make sure you check out our handy guide.
Here are all the Hero Relic Weapons we've discovered so far:
- Sword of the Creator – unlocked in Chapter 4. Can be equipped by Byleth. Restores HP when attacking.
- Areadbhar – Unlocked in Act 2. Equippable by Dmitri. Grants the user the Atrocity Combat Art.
- Aymr – Unlocked in Act 2. Can be equipped by Edelgard. Grants the user the Raging Storm Combat Art.
- Thunderbrand – Used by Catherine. Unlocked by gaining access to Catherine.
- Failnaught – Unlocked in Act 2. Can be equipped by Claude. Grants access to the Fallen Star Combat Art.
- Lance of Ruin – Unlocked in Chapter 5. Can be equipped by Sylvain.
- Blutbang – Unlocked by completing A Forgotten Hero paralogue.
- Freikugel – Unlocked by completing A World Divided paralogue. Can be equipped by Hilda.
- Thrysus – Unlocked by completing the Land of the Golden Deer paralogue.
- Spear of Assal – Unlocked by completing Flayn and Seteth’s paralogue.
- Sword of Begalta – Unlocked by completing the Sleeping Sand Legend paralogue. Can be equipped by Claude.
- Caduceus Staff – Unlocked by completing Flayn and Seteth’s paralogue.
Like the other weapons that you can equip in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Hero Relic Weapons have durability. Unfortunately, many of them have a much lower durability that your basic weapons, however they are much more powerful. Because of this, we highly recommend holding off on using your Hero Relic Weapons unless you’re facing off against a tough enemy. When a Relic Weapon’s durability is depleted, you’ll also have the chance to repair it, though each one will require different items to raise the durability once more.
Now that you know how to acquire the Hero Relic Weapons, make sure you head back over to our Fire Emblem: Three Houses guide hub for more in-depth help with the latest title in the series.