Overwatch PTR July 18 patch notes nerf Brigitte & add role queue
The latest update to the Overwatch PTR introduces the role queue, as well as some changes to several heroes, including Brigitte.
Overwatch fans have quite a bit to digest in the latest patch notes for the PTR (public test realm). Available today, the patch highlights quite a number of adjustments and changes, as well as a new role queue feature that allows you to queue up for specific roles on your team. We’ve compiled some of the biggest changes below, as they’ll be the most important to take into account as you head into the PTR this afternoon.
One of the biggest additions with the latest patch for the Overwatch PTR is the introduction of the role queue feature. This feature allows users to choose their role before they load into a playlist, which will make it easier for users to specialize in their preferred roles. According to the patch notes, the role queue system will put together teams of two tanks, two supports, and two damage heroes. Another big change is an increase to the Global Ultimate cost, which the developers felt was a bit low and caused Ultimates to come into play too often.
On top of these changes, we’ve also seen quite a number of changes coming to many heroes, including Doomfist, Hanzo, Moira, and more notably, Brigitte. We’ve included a few of these hero changes below so you can see them for yourself.
- Healing amount increased from 100 to 130
- Self-healing from Inspire is now halved
- Now has 3 charges
- Healing amount changed from 150 to 120
- Now heals over 2 seconds instead of instantly
- If you throw multiple packs at the same person, the current duration will be extended by 2 seconds
- Out-going velocity increased from 60 to 80
- Retracting time reduced from 0.6 seconds to 0.3
- Barrier health reduced from 500 to 200
- Stun duration reduced from 0.9 seconds to 0.75
- Ultimate cost increased 10%
- Quick melee no longer pauses ammo reload.
- Storm Arrows ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- Can now be used while stunned.
As you can see, these are some pretty big adjustments. Of course, you can check out the full breadth of the patch notes yourself on the forums. What do you think about the update? Do you like the sound of the changes? Be sure to let us know and don't forget to follow Shacknews on Twitter for even more of the latest news, features, and strategy content.
Josh Hawkins posted a new article, Overwatch PTR July 18 patch notes nerf Brigitte & add role queue