The first large update for Satisfactory is now available via update 0.1.11. The update adds Conveyor Lifts, Quartz Research, and Sulfur Research. The patch notes also detail several bug fixes and balancing changes, which players can expect to see active when they dive into the game after downloading the update.
- Added the Conveyor Lift (currently with placeholder visuals)
- Rebuild or build a new factory with Mk.1 - 4 of the vertical Conveyor Belt!
- Added the Quartz Research
- New Parts and Recipes: Quartz Crystal, Crystal Oscillator
- Explorer Vehicle: The vehicle currently best suited for traversal
- Ingame Map: Enjoy revealing the game map via exploration and the Radar Tower
- Added the Sulfur Research
- New Parts and Recipes: Sulphur, Black Powder, Explosives, Ammunition
- Nobelisk Detonator: Blow up trees, bushes, rocks, creatures and friends
- Rifle Mk.1: An automatic rifle for the purpose of Pioneer safety
- Added several new alternate Recipes
- Alternate recipes can no longer be hand crafted
- Moved all Oil Nodes in the Dune Desert (northeast corner of the map) to the Spire Coast (the coast west of the Dune Desert)
- Adjusted purity of Oil Nodes in the Desert Canyons east and west of the Northern Forest
- Fabric recipe now requires Biomass instead of Leaves
- Fixed the milestone cost of the Alternate Heavy Modular Frame
- Clearance adjustments for several buildings to fit more snugly
- Splitter and Merger
- Smelter, Constructor and Assembler
- Miners and Oil Pumps
- A few others
- Adjusted the cost of the Programmable and Smart Splitter
- Adjusted the cost of Caterium Milestones 2 and 3
- Added Alien Organs research after Alien Carapace (making it possible to turn Alien Organs into Medicinal Inhalers)
- Adjusted the cost of making Medicinal Inhalers (more Mycelia, less Nuts)
- Greatly increased the amount of parts around Crash Sites for new games
- Reduced Caterium Ore required to make Caterium Ingots from 4 to 3
- Reduced the Quickwire cost of Quickwire alternate recipes
- Increased Power Pole Mk.2 & 3 connections by 1 and 2 respectively
- Increased the parts cost of some Buildings and Equipment
- Generators: Fuel Generator, Geothermal Generator
- Production Buildings: Manufacturer, Miner Mk.2, Oil Pump, Oil Refinery
- Equipment: Xeno Basher, Jetpack, Gas Mask
- Tweaked the Rebar Gun damage
- Increased the duration that a Gas Mask Filter lasts
- Beacons can now be built in the Manufacturer
- Power Shards can no longer be used as fuel
- Conveyor belts max incline bumped from 30 to 35 degrees
As you can see, quite a few changes are now available in the massive update, so be sure to download it and check it out as soon as you can.
Josh Hawkins posted a new article, Satisfactory update 0.1.11 patch notes now available
Actually, 0.1.12 came out today, 0.1.11 came out on Tuesday. It's also only $20 now due to the EGS sale.
very tempted by the EGS price. Just dont have the time to jump into it now.
Buy it and jump in later!
Their youtube channel has been pretty damn entertaining for some time now.
I really like the music in their launch video:
Picked it up last night and stopped when I deployed the space elevator. Really like their approach to drip feed players complexity through the tier system.
Factorio feels so much more demanding minutes into a game. Satisfactory is like "Hey man, wanna kill some dinosaurs for a bit? Cool. I'll just keep making iron plates over here with an unlimited resource fountain."
Satisfactory is basically Starcraft's Big Game Hunters.
I do somewhat agree with you that in Factorio there is pressure to set up trains to further off ore outposts before your close ore runs out, but Satisfactory has all the resource nodes guarded by creatures that you have to fight off with a taser just to get access to, where as Factorio you can build for an hour or two without seeing a single bitter. And some of those creatures have ranged attacks, which you don't get until at least teir two.