The world of Minecraft just got a little bit better thanks to the release of the Village and Pillage update. Available starting today, Minecraft Bedrock and Java Edition players can download the Village and Pillage update right now. Curious to know what version 1.14 of Minecraft includes? Let’s take a look!
Downloadable on the Xbox One, Windows 10 Store, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch, Minecraft players can explore the new Village and Pillage update to see the new Pillager mob. Joining the Pillagers is the new Wandering Trader, as well as new villager trades. There is, of course, a ton of other changes coming in the update, some of which are reliant on the version that you’re playing.
- A new light source to cozy up your village
- Works great as a fireplace in a home, with no fire spread to worry about
- Throw some food on it and become a campfire cooking pro!
- Sweet Berries
- A new source of food
- Sweet Berry Bushes can be found in Taiga biomes
- Watch out for thorns!
- Bamboo Jungle
- Bamboo is now generated in Jungles and more densely in the new Bamboo Jungle biome
- New Achievements
- Plethora of Cats - Befriend twenty stray cats (20G)
- Kill the Beast! - Defeat a Ravager (30G)
- Buy Low, Sell High - Trade for the best possible price (50G)
- Disenchanted - Use a Grindstone to get experience from an enchanted item (20G)
- We're being attacked - Trigger a Pillager Raid (20G)
- Sound the Alarm! - Ring the bell with a hostile enemy in the village (20G)
- I've got a bad feeling about this - Kill a Pillager Captain (20G)
- Roaming Skin Choice
- When choosing a skin from a skin pack, the selected skin will now be selected automatically on other Bedrock devices using the same account
- Some skin packs may not be eligible for roaming selection
- Accessibility Features
- Text to Speech can now be enabled to read in-game chat
- UI Screen Reader can be enabled to say the name of interface controls and their current state
- Accessibility features can be enabled in Settings
The changes listed above were shared via the Minecraft website, on the official release notes for Minecraft Bedrock edition. It’s worth noting, though, that many of these same changes have also made their way to the Java Edition. You can check out the Bedrock patch notes or the Java patch notes by heading to their respective pages. This is a huge update for Minecraft players to dive into, so what are you waiting for?