The latest Overwatch patch notes have arrived, and this time we're running down April 16's update 126.96.36.199, which comes packing plenty of updates for the entire squad, but mostly Reaper and Junkrat.
The biggest changes for the Overwatch update this week are specific to the unlikely duo (can you just see them hanging out?) as well as the debut of Baptiste. There's also a special event and free trial going on right now, so players have a lot to parse if they're regular players looking for some updates. Check out some of the patch's official changes below.
- Shadow Step
- Can now be used in air
- Time to exit Shadow Step reduced from 1.0 second to 0.5 of a second
- Reaper is now invisible for the entire time it takes to exit Shadow Step
- Can now teleport onto surfaces that would usually break, like railings
Blizzard explanation: Shadow Step was originally intended to be purely an out-of-combat mobility tool to traverse the map, since Wraith Form was already a great tool for disengaging. However, this made Shadow Step very situational, so we're increasing its flexibility to make it a bit better, less niche ability. This will enable Reaper to use Shadow Step in more offensive situations.
- Frag Launcher
- Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
- Grenades now bounce less but explode sooner
Blizzard explanation: With this change, we're looking to slightly increase the range at which Junkrat can land direct hits. The speed of his bombs has increased, but we turned it so this wouldn't affect the arc of his projectile. This means that aiming with it will feel the same. The grenades bounce less and explode sooner, which will allow Junkrat to aim them more deliberately. This will reduce the amount of rolling grenade spam when playing against him.
- Railings and other breakable objects no longer block teleporter placement and teleporting.
In addition to these changes, Blizzard introduced a variety of bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player’s view to become jittery while standing on certain objects
- Fixed an issue where the camera would be offset slightly when changing rapidly into third person view
- Fixed an issue where players were able to shoot through unintended small gaps on the Ilios, Nepal, and Temple of Anubis maps
- Fixed a bug where your view would become level with the horizon after using Symmetra’s Teleporter
- Fixed an issue with the steam not rising correctly from Ana’s cup in the Tea Time emote
- Fixed a bug where Ana didn’t receive audio or visual cues when a hero she boosted landed a shot
- Fixed a bug where the Orb of Discord sound effect would play when Bob was affected by Zenyatta’s Orb of Discord
- Fixed an issue where Bob wouldn’t consistently stop and damage large objects deployed by heroes, like Junkrat’s RIP-Tire or Orisa’s Supercharger, if he encountered them while running
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field wasn’t immediately destroyed when it is hit by the payload
- Fixed a bug where Bastion would take damage while in Sentry Mode if it was hit into a wall by Doomfist’s Rocket Punch
- Fixed a bug where enemies would not collide with walls while being knocked back by Rocket Punch
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam wouldn’t break objects that should break
- Fixed an issue where Rocket Punch would knock back Orisa even if she was using Fortify
- Fixed a bug where Mei could not be healed by other heroes while using Cryo-Freeze
- Fixed a bug where Mercy didn’t receive audio or visual cues when a hero she boosted landed a shot
- Fixed a bug where Mercy didn’t receive defensive assist credit from healing beams when using Valkyrie
- Fixed a bug where Orisa would take damage while using Fortify if she was hit into a wall by Doomfist’s Rocket Punch
- Fixed a bug where Reinhardt was unable to raise his shield properly while looking upwards if he had opened his shield while looking downwards
- Fixed a bug where his Heroic victory pose didn’t loop properly
- Fixed a bug where Symmetra would gain ultimate charge when her Sentry Turrets were attacking objects deployed by other heroes (Wrecking Ball’s Minefield, Torbjörn’s Deploy Turret, etc.)
- Fixed a bug where Torbjörn would gain ultimate charge when his Deploy Turret was attacking objects deployed by other heroes (Wrecking Ball’s Minefield, Symmetra’s Sentry Turrets, etc.)
- Fixed a bug where Widowmaker’s rifle goes into her head and shoulders while walking and aiming her scope, when wearing the Biathalon skin
- Fixed a bug where dying did not cancel Infra-Sight
- Fixed a bug where flying heroes could get stuck on trees and wall climbing heroes could get stuck on birds’ nests
- Fixed a bug where flying heroes could get stuck on trees
- Fixed a bug on the Sanctuary map where heroes would bounce when standing on the edge of the first capture point
- Fixed a bug where Reaper could Shadow Step to unintended places
- Fixed a bug where the spectator camera started at the incorrect position
Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck on top of a worktable
- Fixed a bug where Junkrat’s RIP-Tire could get stuck in the grates on the ground in King’s Row
- Fixed a bug on the University map where a hero that touches the enemy team’s spawn room doors will take significant damage
- Fixed a bug where D.Va would get stuck behind a desk when using Call Mech
- Fixed a bug where ivy on walls was preventing certain abilities from impacting enemies, like Winston’s Tesla Cannon and Doomfist’s Meteor Strike
- Fixed a bug where players killed on a specific bridge would fall through the bridge
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck between a dolly, the wall, and a counter
- Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball would get stuck on ventilation ducts
That's about it for this week. Be sure to check out the official patch notes via Blizzard's Overwatch site and let us know how the brand new event is treating you!
Brittany Vincent posted a new article, Overwatch update 188.8.131.52 patch notes buff Reaper and Junkrat
I almost spit out my coffee when I saw they buffed Reaper. Thankfully it's just shadow step and not his damage/healing.
Waiting for the reaper buff that gives his main attack like 1000 damage and 2x healing. "We really need to stop GOATS, people...."
With baptiste ult, he can oneshot road hog.