Co-operative cooking is about to get a smidge crazier. In the Overcooked! 2: Chinese New Year update, Ghost Town Games is adding new recipes, a new map, new chefs, and new main gameplay dish with Survival Mode.
The new map is themed to celebrate Chinese New Year and delivers seven new kitchens with beautiful surroundings and a few slick surprises. Within these new kitchens, there are two new recipes: fruit platter and hot pot. The Ghost Town Games developers express that the fruit platter is a traditional Chinese New Year dish that "signifies fullness and wealth".
The two new chefs simultaneously celebrate Chinese New Year and 2019 as the Year of the Pig with the Chinese Dragon chef and the Pig chef stepping into the Overcooked! 2 kitchens. You can bring them into the new Survival Mode if you wish, but be ready to sweat it out. In this mode, every dish you serve adds seconds to a timer and the new "replay" function lets you jump right back into the action after you reach the results screen. Survival Mode is available for the Surf 'n' Turf DLC and both seasonal updates. Here's the bullet point breakdown of the Overcooked! 2: Chinese New Year update and the fixes the devs have put in place:
- New seasonal update content – available in the ‘Extras’ menu.
- New ‘Survival Mode’ – available to play from the World Map.
- Added an option to replay a kitchen from the results screen.
- Fixed an issue where the highlight might disappear after selecting an invite from various screens.
- Fixed an issue where plated recipes might not appear correctly following a player disconnecting in online games.
- Fixed an issue with the audio on the main menu not playing correctly.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
Shacknews Best Co-Op Game of 2018 award winner Overcooked! 2 is available now on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.