GTA Online update adds Bandito RC car and eight new races
Take control of the RC Bandito and tackle the eight new races that have been added to GTA Online.
The next major Grand Theft Auto Online update focuses on GTA Online: Arena War and some RC car races. The RC Bandito is available now for Free Mode or one of the eight new RC races that will deliver double GTA$ and RP through February 6, 2019.
The RC Bandito can be found at Southern San Andreas Super Autos and can be customized with kinetic or EMP mines, liveries, the ability to jump and more. Once ordered, the new vehicle gets delivered to its own workstation in the Grand Theft Auto Online player's Arena Workshop. If you're hoping to jump into one of the eight new races, here's the breakdown for what to expect:
- RC - All Downhill From Here: Ah, the sights of north Los Santos. The majesty of the Galileo Observatory, the luxury of the Vinewood Hills, the splatter of collateral damage as hordes of tiny weapons-grade cars enter a collective death spiral just before the finish line.
- RC - Trailer Park Dash: In Sandy Shores, there are three rules: Trust your peripheral vision. Make friends with your fight or flight reflex. And if you hear something that sounds like an RC Bandito driven by a homicidal maniac, it's already too late.
- RC - Air Traffic Control: It's a frat night classic: wait till the security teams are occupied, throw your turbo-charged RC cars over the fence, and race a few laps around the main runway at LSIA. The last one across the line gets the cavity search.
- RC - Beach Please: If you want a real cross-section of high-end humanity, head to Vespucci Beach. Sunbathers, bodybuilders, families, flirting couples: every single one a perfect target for a remote-control truck to the shins.
- RC – Docking Around: Who doesn't remember spending the summer vacation racing remote-control cars around LS docks? Jumping the cranes and cargo ships, knocking each other into the water, getting under the feet of the occasional smuggler. There's always time to relive the good old days.
- RC - Paleto Bae: The good citizens of Paleto have always enjoyed the simple life: heavy drinking, small arms fire, 'accidentally' kissing your cousin, and now a really tight course for RC cars.
- RC - Go for 'broke: When the guards at Bolingbroke aren't playing Hide the Human Rights Treaty, they need to blow off some steam. Turns out straight laps of the perimeter in an RC Bandito are just the ticket.
- RC - Tee'd Off: Fore! There's no hole-in-one quite like a remote-control car right between the other guy's eyes.
In addition to this new content, Rockstar Games is rewarding GTA Online players with GTA$1M each, but you have to grab it in pieces. Every weekend in February, players that jump into Grand Theft Auto online will receive GTA$250K. If that money starts to burn a hole in your pocket, here are some of the new discounts that will be available:
- Upgrade your new Arena Workshop or augment your fleet with 30% off the following:
- Arena Workshop Mechanics – 30% off
- Arena Boost Upgrades – 30% off
- Weeny Arena Issi Contender Upgrade – 30% off
- Bravado Sasquatch Contender Upgrade – 30% off
- Take up to 35% off a suite of high-performance machines and aircraft, with additional discounts on select customization upgrades:
- Ocelot Swinger – 30% off
- Hotring Sabre – 35% off
- Overflod Tyrant – 30% off
- Pegassi Tezeract – 30% off
- Vapid Hustler – 30% off
- Ocelot Pariah – 30% off
- Hydra – 35% off
- Buzzard – 35% off
- Hunter – 35% off
- Engines (Vehicles & Aircraft) – 30% off
- Brakes & Handling (Vehicles & Aircraft) – 30% off
- Suspension – 30% off
Grand Theft Auto 5 Online is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.
Charles Singletary Jr posted a new article, GTA Online update adds Bandito RC car and eight new races