Starting off the new year heavy, Microsoft has announced this month’s Xbox Game Pass quests, which will allow owners of the Game Pass to earn up to 2100 Microsoft Rewards points by completing several quests. This is also the first time that players will be able to play any game from the Xbox Game Pass catalog in order to complete their quests.
To get started, players will have seven different quests they can complete this month to earn Microsoft Rewards points. All seven quests include:
- Extraction Expert: Players will need to complete two extraction achievements in The Division. This will reward them with 200 points and must be completed by January 31.
- Adventurer: Earn up to 200 points by completing two specific achievements in adventure game, Strange Brigade.
- Metro Redux: Dive into the world of the Metro series and complete four specific achievements in Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux for a total of 200 points.
- Genre Explorer: Earn up to 300 points by completing an achievement in three different games from three completely different genres.
- Achievement Hunter: Earn up to 600 points by earning your first achievement of the month, as well as by completing up to 21 achievements for the month in any Xbox Game Pass games in the catalog.
- Play Something New: Pick up and play a new game that was added to the Game Pass catalog in December to score 100 points.
- Quest Master: Complete all the other quests to earn 500 additional points for your trouble.
You can track your progress at anytime using the Microsoft Rewards app on your Xbox, and make sure you complete all of the quests before the end of the month to earn as many points as possible.
This past week, we’ve seen several new announcements out of CES 2019, so make sure you head over to our news hub to keep track of all the new and exciting news, like Phil Spencer appearing on stage at the AMD keynote.
Josh Hawkins posted a new article, January Xbox Game Pass quests announced by Microsoft
They're making these increasingly harder to get which is a little irritating. Having to earn achievements when you might have already gotten a lot of them is pretty annoying.