Epic Games is ramping up competitive efforts for Fortnite Battle Royale with a handful of experiences, one being the return of the Solo Showdown LTM that went
Dexerto reported that player iDroPz_BoDiEs earned a spot in the Summer Skirmish because of his placement in the previous Solo Showdown LTM and won the $60,000 first place reward. He was accused of many different ways of cheating and a Reddit user collected all of them into one post. The post, which called for a full investigation of the victory, received over 40,000 upvotes and Epic Games obliged. The full statement from Epic Games, which is a pretty lengthy one that breaks down all of the accusations levied at iDroPz_BoDiEs, can be found below:
We wanted to drop in with information regarding Friday’s Summer Skirmish and the performance of the winner iDropz_Bodies in an effort [to] clarify some assumptions held by the community.
iDroPz_BoDiEs was unable to stream the event due to a Summer Skirmish rules requirement of a 2-minute stream delay for participants which wish to broadcast. This delay cannot be set on the console capture software and is not possible for non-Affiliates on Twitch. Following the event, he broadcasted replays of his Summer Skirmish matches.
Our rules do not stipulate that a participant must stream the event, as we do not wish to exclude players who were invited based on their own merit because they cannot stream – iDroPz_BoDiEs was invited to Summer Skirmish based off his performance in prior Showdown LTMs.
Now to address some concerns around that performance:
- Our internal Summer Skirmish analytics kept track of all opponents which participants eliminated. iDroPz_BoDiEs had 129 eliminations during the event and every single elimination was on a different opponent. This is not indicative of him having been intentionally fed eliminations and/or collusion with other players.
- Our analytics events also noted when players left the match prior to the bus
- Stat tracking sites are unreliable for recording historic performance, as they only update when the website requests stats for a user from the API. This makes any ‘Most Eliminations in a Single Match’ records on an account unlikely to be correct, as multiple matches in a time period are combined into one update. iDroPz_BoDiEs has achieved more than 20 eliminations in a match multiple times across his Fortnite career.
- In previous Showdown LTM’s which followed a similar scoring format on public servers, there has been no discernible difference in final score between top performers on PC and Console platforms. During this
- There is no evidence that would suggest to us that iDroPz_BoDiEs played the competition using a mouse and keyboard.
- Furthermore, we do not restrict
We appreciate the community’s concern
Our primary goal is to support
Charles Singletary posted a new article, Epic Games Addresses Accusation that iDroPz_BoDiEs Cheated at Fortnite Summer Skirmish
Is there keyboard out there now that has a key that alternates the Shift Key between keystrokes to make writing that out easier?
No. Not at all :(
i really don't understand the attraction for people over the age of 15
Lol what an embarrassment of a company. That's the stupidest tournament I've ever heard of. Of course people will think he cheats when he doesn't have to stream nor play against actually good people. Would be so easy to get people to make fake accounts to a free game and feed him kills.