All Latent Memory Locations in Destiny 2
Where to find all 45 Latent Memory Fragments on Mars in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 offers players a lot of items to collect and one of the hottest items right now are the latent memory fragments. There are 45 latent memory fragments scattered around Mars in Destiny 2, and players who want to unlock all the levels of the Moments of Triumph will need to find and destroy them all.
All 45 Latent Memory Locations
The latent memory fragments can be well hidden, especially in some of the claustrophobic areas like Alton Dynamo, Aurora Reach, and the Lost Sectors. However, using the latent memory map below, players should be able to position near the appropriate number and find the fragment nearby, or refer to the descriptions further down.
Note: Click the map to see a larger version.
- The first latent memory can be found in Olympus Descent, at the very south end of the map. Look up to the cliffs to spot the latent memory wedged in a crevice.
- The next latent memory can be found in Olympus Descent, in the large room with the bottomless pit. Look down the pit to spot the latent memory on a shelf.
- This latent memory is located at the exit of Olympus Descent, just before Glacial Drift. Look for the downed Warsat, the latent memory is over the cliff on a shelf.
- Another latent memory is in the cliffs near the cave leading to Olympus Descent.
- To find this latent memory in Glacial Drift, start at the fast travel point and turn left to spot a dam-like structure of the cliff – the memory is on a lower section of the wall.
- A latent memory is to the immediate right of the fast travel point in Glacial Drift, though it can be easily spotted from further toward the Lost Sector. Look for the glow in the crack of the cliff near the fast travel point.
- The next latent memory in Glacial Drift is in the tree just to the south of the overpass.
- Another latent memory can be found in the Glacial Drift, tucked into the underside of the overpass.
- To find this latent memory, enter the building on the left side of the bridge in Glacial Drift, and look in the bucket in the shelf.
- This latent memory can be found in Glacial Drift by standing on the overpass and looking toward the building.
- Another latent memory is just north of the overpass in Glacial Drift. Look up at the cliff to spy the latent memory sitting up high.
- This latent memory is located inside the building in Glacial Drift beside the tunnel that leads to Braytech Futurescape. Head into the room on the left, go to the back and look for the fan on the wall, the fragment is up beside the fan.
- To locate this latent memory, start in the Glacial Drift and turn right toward the tunnel that leads to Braytech Futurescape. Look to the top of the building, the fragment is sitting on a platform high on the left.
- Another latent memory can be found in the lights of the building on the right-hand side of Glacial Drift. From the overpass, look to the building on the right, the fragment is hidden well among the lights.
- The next latent memory can be found in Glacial Drift, in the building to the right of the tunnel that leads to Braytech Futurescape. Enter the building and look up to the right to spot the fragment in the rafters.
- To find this latent memory fragment, head into the Lost Sector in Glacial Drift (to the right of the fast travel point) and continue into the caves to find a crashed ship. The fragment is at the rear of the ship.
- This latent memory fragment can be found inside the Lost Sector in Glacial Drift (to the right of the fast travel point). Continue deep into the Lost Sector to the section with the bottomless pit
- Another latent memory can be found in Glacial Drift toward the Dynamo Approach. Look for the huge light structure, the fragment is on the lights.
- The next latent memory can be found on top of the subway tunnel that connects Glacial Drift to Braytech Futurescape. Look on the top of the tunnel for a row of canisters, the fragment is sitting on top of them.
- To find this latent memory, head to the tunnel that connects Glacial Drift to Braytech Futurescape and approach the central edge. Look over the edge down the gully, the fragment is on a little nodule sticking out of the wall (opposite the vehicle in the tunnel).
- This latent memory is located to the right of the Braytech Futurescape area. Go to the edge of the map and look for the metal stairs, below them are some yellow pipes. On these yellow pipes is the fragment.
- Finding this latent memory can be done by spawning at the Braytech Futurescape quick travel point and turning right to look at the building, the fragment is on the top right.
- Another latent memory fragment can be found in Braytech Futurescape, to the right of the fast travel point. Turn right and go around the building to the opposite side, the fragment is on the canister that has pipes coming from its top.
- This latent memory fragment is on the right-hand side of the Braytech Futurescape area, behind the three large canisters on the edge of the map.
- To find this latent memory fragment, go to the left of the Braytech Futurescape fast travel point to the buildings. Inside a building on the left is a door that is slightly open, aim through the door to see the fragment.
- This latent memory is hidden within the Lost Sector to the left of Braytech Futurescape.
- This latent memory fragment is at the bottom of the Lost Sector to the left of Braytech Futurescape.
- Another latent memory can be found to the left of Braytech Futurescape, above the stairs leading down to where the Escalation Protocol can be found. Look above the stairs at the building to spot the fragment.
- To find this latent memory, head inside Braytech Futurescape, up the stairs, and look for the fragment resting on a box.
- This latent memory is deeper into Braytech Futurescape and is found sitting in the water near the statue of the Rasputin (large diamond).
- Finding this latent memory requires going further into Braytech Futurescape and back out into the open on the other side. Once back outside, stick to the left and look for the wall that says “CLOVIS BRAY”. To the left of the stairs that leads to the wall is a little gap, look through this gap to spot the fragment on a metal bracket holding up the platform.
- To find this latent memory, continue through Braytech Futurescape into the Aurora Reach area. After passing through the small pipe, look for the fragment on top of a box next to a coil of wire.
- This latent memory is found through the Braytech Futurescape building and into Aurora Reach. Progress through the area to reach a darkened room where the only way forward is to jump down onto the lower level. Instead of jumping down, look across the room to the pipes feeding into the wall, there is a panel missing, revealing a hole. Climb through the hole to access the fragment.
- Another latent memory is found on the right-hand side of the upper section of the Aurora Reach area that leads into Rasputin’s chamber. Climb up the structure, using the pipes on the left, and then jump onto the main platform. Instead of continuing up the center, go to the right and jump onto the pipes below. Walk carefully along these pipes to the end to spot the fragment on one of the connecting brackets.
- To find the latent memory, head to the very top of Aurora Reach, just before the entrance to Rasputin’s chamber. Instead of climbing the stairs to reach the entrance, look for the glass doors below, to the left is an enemy spawn door, above it is the fragment.
- This latent memory can be found inside Rasputin’s structure. Clear all the enemies in the area to unlock the door leading into Rasputin’s chamber. Enter the door, walk through the tunnel, and then look out to the left to spot the fragment in the distance.
- Another latent memory is found in the cave system that leads to Alton Dynamo. Pass through the caves, being sure to look to the left. If you miss it, go through the tunnel from the other direction to spot it.
- To find this latent memory, enter Alton Dynamo and stick to the left. The fragment is on the metal frame that connects the floor to the ceiling.
- This latent memory is deep within Alton Dynamo, specifically, the area with all the memory banks. Enter Alton Dynamo, jump across the gap, and continue through the area. When entering through the next door, stick to the right to access the memory bank area. Go into this room and turn right to spot a glowing tower at the back. Around this tower is the fragment.
- Finding this latent memory requires searching deep into Hellas View in Alton Dynamo. Continue through the area until reaching the locked door at the back of the large room. The locked door leads to where the Valkyrie weapon is collected, locked inside a glass room. To the left of this room, and up high on the pipes, is the fragment.
- Another latent memory can be found in Hellas View, in one of the big internal rooms. This room has a tall tower in the center, with pipes feeding into the roof, along with a glass ceiling. The fragment can be seen through the glass ceiling, but can only be destroyed by jumping up on the tower and then up to the hole in the glass.
- This latent memory is found within Hellas View, past Alton Dynamo, and can be seen sitting on top of a canister in the corner of one of the connecting rooms with all the doors.
- To find this latent memory fragment, head deep into Hellas View and look for one of the doors that is slightly ajar, the fragment can be destroyed by shooting through the gap.
- This latent memory is at the very top side of Hellas View, through Alton Dynamo. Progress through the area to the back where the building opens up to an underground cavern. Look up to the metal bracket connecting a tall canister to the rest of the building, the fragment is on one of the arms.
- The final latent memory is far off in the distance of Hellas View, the area past Alton Dynamo. Run through the area to reach the very back section, a platform outside the building in a massive cavern. Stand on the corner of the platform and look out into the misty abyss to spot the glowing fragment.
Once all the latent memory fragments have been collected, players can now unlock the sparrow and the Worldline Zero exotic sword. To get the sword, head into the Lost Sector at Braytech Futurescape and look for the first glass door, around here is a cache that once activated, rewards the sword. The exotic sparrow requires traveling to Glacial Drift and then proceeding into the caves toward Olympus Descent. Continue through the caves to the crashed Warsat, look over the edge of the cliff and jump down to the shelf below. Defeat the Hive knight and then interact with the cache to unlock the sparrow.
Collecting all the latent memories can be time-consuming, but well worth the effort. Players looking to complete the Moments of Triumph should also spend some time finding all regional chests in Destiny 2. Be sure to check out the Shacknews Destiny 2 Complete Strategy Guide for more collectible coverage, raid guides, and walkthroughs on how to get exotic weapons.