Even though the game spent quite a long time in early access, Daybreak's popular battle royale title H1Z1 is still seeing regular updates following its formal releases for PC and PS4 earlier this year. The latest to land comes in the form of update version 1.21, with patch notes indicating a number of different bug fixes as well as the arrival of three new Snowstalker bundles in the in-game store.
H1Z1 Update Version 1.21 Patch Notes Bug Fixes and Changes
The biggest change introduced in the latest H1Z1 patch is the alteration of the game's jump mechanic, the likes of which will now allow players to aim while jumping without cutting their jumps short. Here's the full list of updates and bug fixes presented in the latest patch, taken straight from the community manager post made over on the H1Z1 subreddit.
- Altered jump mechanic by maintaining your heading and velocity when you leave the ground. Now, you can freely aim or look around while jumping without prematurely shortening your leap. You still have the ability to alter your path slightly by using your left stick - for example, if you were going to overshoot a landing, pulling back on the left stick would allow you to correct this.
- Fixed an issue that could cause weapons to lock.
- Fixed certain Daily Challenges not getting cleared after completing them.
- Environmental sound effects in the hospital no longer persist after leaving the area.
- Group member indicators are no longer blocked by grid references in the compass.
- Vehicle kills now show the correct vehicle and skin in the kill notification.
- Cancelling queue no longer incorrectly highlights the Message of the Day window.
- Cancelling queue now properly clears out the queue information window.
- Removed redundant way to open Settings by pressing circle while spectating.
The update 1.21 patch notes also detail the newly added Snowstalker bundle packs. Players diving into the in-game store will now see three extra bundles: the Snowstalker Outfit Pack, the SnowStalker Weapon Pack, and the Snowstalker Complete Bundle. The latter pack comprises the content of the former two, and altogether allow players to score a new outfit, two new weapon skins, and if they go for the Complete Bundle, a bonus ATV. Once purchased, players can find the new content by heading over to the Customize menu.