Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire hit the scene a couple months ago and support for the RPG continues with a major patch and some free DLC that will add some style to your various party members.
Patch 1.1.0 has quite a lengthy set of updates, fixes, and features. One that stood out to me, which was mentioned in the full review, focuses on the ratio of the crew that appears once you board for combat vs the amount of crew shown in the ship combat screen. You can read the full list on in the Obsidian forums, but we've got a few highlights down below.
But wait, there's more!— Pillars of Eternity II: #Deadfire (@WorldofEternity) June 7, 2018
Along with our mega patch notes, we're also releasing another free DLC - The Beard & Hair Pack!
Come check out the new beards, new hairstyles, and a feisty Energetic personality setting for your Watcher in #Deadfire! pic.twitter.com/7fyIIaA5ug
The Beard & Hair Pack for Deadfire is a free update that expands customization options with four new hairstyles, three new beard choices, and the new personality setting: Energetic. The Critical Role voice pack and Rum Runner's Pack are the other currently available free pieces of DLC available for Deadfire.
Patch 1.1.0 Highlights
New Features & Updates
- Intro skip added
- Balance improvements for Veteran and PoTD difficulties
- Ship resupply button added to expedite process when docked at a storefront with medical supplies, cannon shot, repair supplies
- Resolved issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves
- Localization corrections implemented
Memoryleak that degraded FPS over time fixed
- Chanter phrases no longer removed upon retraining
Serafen'srecruitment now properly opens
- Fassina now uses custom personality animation
- Pallegina will now leave the party if player [SPOILER] - Find more information in the full patch notes
- Cannon range accuracy penalties adjusted to scale gradually
- Increased damage for ramming ships for both sides
- Reduced ship health by ~20%
- Globally updated ship combats to have a 1:1 ratio of combatants to crew w/ enemy ship defenders now shown separately
- Atmospheric ambient SFX no longer play in taverns after attacking patrons or clients
- VO is no longer being cut off when Fast Mode is active
- Hired adventurers now play their selected voice over during character