Out There Entertainment hopes to live up to their name with their latest VR game, TSA Frisky. The game will release on May 17 as a single-player campaign on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows MR HMDs. Players take the role of a TSA agent working at an airport security checkpoint. Now gamers can finally frisk travelers and rummage through their bags. Check out this trailer for TSA Frisky.
“[The team] liked the idea of taking the dreaded security check at the airport and use VR to really exploit the fun in that,” said Remy Bustani, one of the founders of the game. “VR is a unique platform and gives us as developers the tools to take something out of real life and make something fun out of it.”
- Frisk passengers as they advance through the line. Use your tools to locate and irradiate contraband, and dispose of it in the red bin.
- Search through each passengers luggage, and dispose of the contraband accordingly.
- Race against the clock and get through the lines before you black out.
- You must thoroughly search both the passenger and their luggage before the next pair advance.
- Prevent travelers from taking their pesky contraband onto the planes.
- Earn upgrades such as a full body scanner to improve detection and efficiently.
- Score points by being an effective employee, and earn the respect of your supervisor!
The developers have made progression an important focus of the game with clear goals and upgrades available to move up the TSA ladder. Each shift, players will unlock new equipment to make their jobs easier. Stress management will also be a factor for players.