Warhammer: Vermintide 2 may not have what players would consider actual secrets, but the game does have its fair share of relatively unexplained mysteries. Beyond the effects of Tomes or Grimoires, many players are left wondering what potions do, specifically the ones not tied to health. Fear not, for we've got all the information players need to get the most out of potions in Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
Potions and Potion Buffs in Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Aside from healing potions, there are really only three potions in Vermintide 2: potions of Strength, of Speed, and of Concentration. Each one is color-coded, and players who understand the buffs they receive from potions are in the best position to make use of their enhanced powers.
• Healing Draughts are among the most common potions. In Vermintide 2, healing droughts restore about 50% of the player's health. They're green in color, same as the player's health bar.
• Medical Supplies work similarly to Healing Draughts and take up the same inventory space, but heal 75% of the player's health and can be used to restore the health of allies.
• Concentration Potions are used to increase the regeneration rate of the hero's active career skill. They're colored purple to visually correspond with the player's cooldown timer.
• Strength Potions provide Warhammer: Vermintide 2 players with a temporary bonus to damage output and the ability to pierce through enemy armor. They're orange in color.
• Speed Potions provide heroes with a drastic but temporary increase to movement and attack speed. They're colored blue.
In addition to potions and other healing items, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has a number of other consumables. Namely, players will spot both regular Bombs and Incendiary Bombs out on the battlefield, the likes of which can be used to do big damage to bosses or groups of enemies. Players will also be able to spot Grimoires, which provide bonuses to end-mission loot at the expense of the party's maximum health, and Loot Dice, which can also potentially increase the level of loot boxes.
Lastly, players will also spot Tomes, which take up the healing item slot and provide similar bonuses to the overall loot box level. For players who want to make the most out of their missions, check out our list of all Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Tome locations. Beyond that, stay on top of the latest with Fatshark's newest release by checking out our Warhammer: Vermintide 2 home page.