Paradox Interactive, the publisher behind grand space strategy game Stellaris, is celebrating the launch of its new Apocalypse expansion and 2.0 “Cherryh” patch today, February 23, with a sale on the base game and previous expansions. The team is also popping champagne for crossing over the 1.5 million sales milestone.
Stellaris launched in May of 2016, has already broken a few records for Paradox, and has had a regular stream of new content released to enhance and expand an already incredibly deep strategy game. The news of crossing the 1.5 million sale mark was revealed in a press release and the team also shared the significant features that are being introduced to the game via the new Apocalypse expansion:
- That’s No Moon, neither is That One, That
OneMight be a Moon, Wait, No: Keep the local systems in line with fear of the new “Colossus” planet-killer weapon – a technological terror that eliminates entire worlds from the universe
- All Your Base Are Belong to You: New enormous “Titan” capital ships can lead your fleets to conquest, offering tremendous bonuses to the vessels under their command. Meanwhile, fortify key systems with massive orbital installations and secure your homeworld as an impenetrable bastion among the stars.
- Pirates of the Constellation: Watch out for Marauders – space nomads who raid settled empires and carve out their lives on the fringe of civilization. Hire them as mercenaries in your own conflicts, but take care that they don’t unify and trigger a new crisis!
- Some Non-Violent Features: New Ascension Perks and Civics are added in the expansion, along with new Unity Ambitions that provide new ways to spend Unity and customize your development
The Apocalypse expansion topped the global sales charts on Steam yesterday, even besting the ever-persistent PUBG. The 2.0 update for the game arrived this week as well, so even old players will have quite a bit to learn when
- Exterminatus: Destroy another Empire's capital planet
- Clash of the Titans: Defeat a Fallen Empire Titan in battle with a fleet of your own that includes a Titan
- Stay On Target: Destroy another Empire's Colossus while it is in the process of firing on a planet
- Citadel of Death: Own a Citadel with 40k fleet power
- Tradition is Everything: Unlock all 42 Traditions
- Emissary: Explore a natural wormhole
- No Khan Do: Kill the Great Khan in battle
- Pandora's World: Shield a planet belonging to Fanatic Purifiers, Ravenous Swarms or Determined Exterminators
- Imperial Highway: Own 4 active Gateways
- Star Struck: Own 200 starbases (Outposts count)
Stellaris is available for $15.99 (60% off) on Steam right now. The Utopia expansion and other pieces of DLC can be had at a discount this weekend, as well. Stellaris: Apocalypse is $19.99.