The Destiny 2 weekly reset is here for January 2, 2018. Guardians will see loads of changes when they log in and play Destiny 2 today, including new milestones to complete for powerful gear. You can do each milestone on all three characters, allowing you to level up each class that you've created.
Nightfall - A Garden World
This week's Nightfall is A Garden World, making it the first Nightfall to take place on Mecury since the release of Curse of Osiris. This means that if you do not own the Curse of Osiris DLC, you cannot complete the Nightfall this week. In case you're curious about which strike this is, it's the one with the rotating cyclops on the round platform in the sky.
- Torrent - Boundless Power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster
- Timewarp: Zero Hour - The mission timer cannot be extended. Choose your battles carefully
- Speed Of Dark - Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken - Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths
- Shielded Minotaur Challenge - Kill the Shielded Minotaurs in under 90 seconds
Leviathan Raid Order
- Royal Pools
- The Gauntlet
- Pleasure Gardens
Each week, the Leviathan Raid gets flipped on its head and the order of the encounters changes. You’ll want to use our Leviathan raid underbelly code to skip the Castellum for the second and third encounters in the raid.
Leviathan Raid Challenge
- Pleasure Gardens
The raid features a unique challenge during one of its encounters each week. Most encounters will remain the same, but one will offer greater rewards if you meet special conditions. Be sure to read up on our Leviathan raid guide to learn how to pass each test, but also study up on this week’s challenge, the Pleasure Gardens.
Flashpoint - Io
Io isn't the worst place for a Flashpoint. There are some easy public events to complete here, although the Taken Blight is one that players still seem to struggle with turning heroic. Be sure to read our heroic public event guide to make sure you know how to trigger each one properly.
Weekly Faction Weapons for Sale
You can buy weapons from vendors directly. You can also get armor, but that will remain the same each week. Below is a list of each vendor that sells weapons, and what they’re selling this week. You should then cross reference this list with our list of the best PvE weapons in Destiny 2. Since there are no unique rolls on weapons, this list isn't likely to change any time soon.
- Devrim Kay - Flash and Thunder - Legendary Shotgun
- Sloan - Nox Echo III - Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Asher Mir - Widow's Bite - Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Failsafe - Seven-Six-Five - Legendary Scout Rifle
- Commander Zavala - Curtain Call - Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Lord Shaxx - Play of the Game - Legendary Grenade Launcher
This week, the must-have item is Curtain Call. It is objectively the best Rocket Launcher in the game, and can be the difference between failing and succeeding while participating in certain activities. If you buy nothing else, grab Curtain Call from Zavala in the Tower.
- Legendary Weapon Mod - Void Damage Mod
- Legendary Arms Armor Mod - Arc Paragon Mod
- Legendary Titan Mark Mod - Impact Absortion Mod
Take a close look at the mods being offered by the Gunsmith and make sure that you don't need any to fine tune on of your builds. I doubt there's much of interest here for most Guardians, and I'd like to see Bungie expand this in the future to make it more impactful.
Tess sells lots of crap each week. The Destiny 2 community can’t stand her, but there is no denying that her inventory is some of the most sought-after gear that you can find in Destiny 2. Come to think of it, that’s why people don’t like her. Anyway, here's what she's selling, which is bound to be way cooler than the gear you'll get from, you know, actually playing the game.
- Funky Dance Legendary Emote - 700 Bright Dust
- Can-Do Attitude Rare Emote - 400 Bright Dust
- Arondight Legendary Sparrow - 600 Bright Dust
- Armcoat Legendary Ship - 500 Bright Dust
- Particle Accelerator Exotic Weapon Ornament (Graviton Lance) - 1,250 Bright Dust
- War Beast Skin Exotic Weapon Ornament (Legend of Acrius) - 800 Bright Dust
- Omega Armor (Arms) - 800 Bright Dust
- Precious Metals Shell Legendary Ghost - 400 Bright Dust
- Purple Beam Effects Rare Transmat Effect - 450 Bright Dust
- Veist Poison Shimmer Legendary Shader - 40 Bright Dust
- Hakke History Polish Legendary Shader - 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Legendary Consumable - 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Legendary Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Legendary Consumable - 750 Bright Dust
That will conclude the Destiny 2 weekly reset for January 2, 2018. Be sure to complete all activities on each of the three characters you have (you do have three, right) so you can maximize your gains and stay ready for any situation. The Shacknews Destiny 2 complete strategy guide will help you do that.