Bungie has announced on their official blog that Iron Banner will be bringing new weapons to Destiny 2 next week.
The game is Control. As the first Faction Rally comes to an end, the Iron Lords are hosting the next ritual. Their special event has undergone some changes, like most things in Destiny 2. The Iron Banner is still your chance to stand and be proven. Lord Saladin will hold court and reward brave Guardians with loot!
- Combat will be between two teams of four players
- Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome
- Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner Engram
How can you compete?
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
- Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
- Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmaking
What’s in it for you?
- Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)
- Daily and Season* Milestones that track your progress to glory
- Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords
If PVP isn't your thing, the latest PVE challenge will also appear in your Director on Tuesday at 10AM Pacific. The morning after the weekly reset begins a new invitation from Calus to join him for the Prestige Raid.
The Destiny 2 Iron Banner special event begins October 10, 2AM PDT and ends October 17, 2AM PDT.
In the meantime, get caught up with our Destiny 2 Complete Strategy Guide.