Amazon Prime Day 2017 sales are kicking off and customers have a new option for attacking those awesome lightning deals. You can sign up for a waitlist. Here's how to get in on some awesome deals this Prime Day.
How to Join a Lightning Deal Waitlist
You can now join a waitlist to be notified when a Lightning Deal becomes available.
If purchases in customers' Carts are not completed within 15 minutes, the deal will be made available to the next customer on the waitlist.
To join a Lightning Deal Waitlist to receive an alert if the deal becomes available:
- Select Join waitlist on a Lightning Deal to place yourself on the waitlist.
- When you're next on the waitlist, you'll see an alert in the upper right-hand corner of your Amazon.com page indicating that the deal is
available. A notification will be sent to your phone if the latest Amazon App is downloaded and notifications are turned on.
- Add the deal to your Cart within the time remaining.
- You are now ready to claim the Lightning Deal. If you don't add the deal to your Cart within the time limit, you will be removed from the waitlist .
- Complete your purchase and redeem the discount.
A waitlist automatically expires when the promotion expires. All customers on the waitlist then lose their chance to claim the Lightning Deal.
The Join Waitlist button is active only when there are places available on the waitlist. The button is re-activated any time new places become available on the waitlist. Joining a waitlist doesn't guarantee that the deal will become available for purchase.
Note: Joining a waitlist doesn't guarantee that the deal will become available for purchase.
In case you missed it, check out our Best Prime Day 2017 Video Game Deals guide.
Also, Is Prime Day Worth it? We look at the pros and cons of Amazon Prime Day.
When Does Prime Day Start? We have you covered.