Arms for Nintendo Switch has been a rather nice surprise for the console, and the development team had previously laid out a roadmap for what was in the works, including a Spectator Mode. True to its word, a new patch update adds the mode, as well as support for LAN play.
The new Arena Mode will focus on "serious 1-on-1 matches," with up to four players being allowed into the arean at one time. If you aren't in the arena, you can watch the mayhem.
LAN Play was also added to enhance the eSports presence of the game, in addition to several bug fixes.
If you want new characters to play, you'll need to wait until next month, as boss character Max Brass will be coming to the game.
Here are the full Arms 1.1.0 patch notes:
- ”LAN Play” support added. You can now battle against players via LAN. On the Top Menu, click and hold the Left Stick and then press L+R to switch between “Local” and “LAN Play.”
- ”Arena Mode” added. This mode focuses on serious 1-on-1 matches and can be played via “Friends,””Local,” or “LAN Play.” Up to 4 players can be in the arena, and players not currently fighting watch as spectators.
- Fixed issue where Kid Cobra was able to repeatedly do a charge dash while riding snake boards.
- Fixed issue where Barq would warp a great distance away after Byte & Barq perform a rush attack while on a snake board.
- Fixed issue where ARMs such as the Chakram would pass through the purple light boxes in the Ribbon Ring stage.
- Fixed issue where Biff referred to the “ARMS Grand Prix” as the “AMRS Grand Prix.”
If you haven't seen the game in action, you can watch Conan O'Brien and Will Arnett be totally Clueless during a burn battle.