Bethesda has many projects in the works, previously saying that it has seven in development as of February of this year. Several we knew about, but could only guess about the rest. Now Bethesda's new Montreal studio is giving as an ever-so-slight hint on what it has up its sleeve.
In a post on the Zenimax job site, the studio was seeking a Game Performance Manager to "envision, evolve, and operate monetization strategies" for a AAA freemium game. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Work with the game design team on monetization design, strategy and execution;
- Envision in-game content and business model recommendations;
- Set requirements and create specifications for monetization features;
- Drive and operate the resulting initiatives;
- Analyze the competitive landscape and benchmark against competitors
The Montreal studio opened in late 2015, but Bethesda has stayed mum on just what the team is working on. Back then, the studio had 430 developers working on console and mobile, with Yves Lachance as studio director.
Perhaps we will get more details on this one at E3 during the Bethesda press briefing.
John Keefer posted a new article, Bethesda Montreal Hiring for AAA Freemium Game
God I hate the word "freemium."
how do you feel about pay to win?