It’s official, straight from the mouths of EA and BioWare, Mass Effect: Andromeda’s release date is Tuesday, March 21, 2017, in North America, and Thursday, March 23, 2017, in Europe. This confirms the rumor we heard in October of last year that Dark House Comics had accidentally leaked Mass Effect: Andromeda’s release date. However the March 21 release date disproves the theory that the March 31 release date Xbox Live Rewards listed for Mass Effect: Andromeda was correct. Instead the March 31 date on Xbox Live Rewards was more than likely a placeholder.
Mass Effect: Andromeda will be featuring a whole new cast, new planets, new species, and will run on the Frostbite engine. It’s been five years since we’ve had a Mass Effect game and expectations and anticipation are high for Mass Effect: Andromeda. Pre-orders for Mass Effect: Andromeda are currently available.
The details for the different editions are:
Mass Effect: Andromeda Standard Edition Pre-Order ($59.99):
- The Mass Effect: Andromeda game
- Deep Space Explorer Armor
- A unique armor set to help you explore the farthest reaches of the Andromeda Galaxy
- A unique skin for the Nomad vehicle as you explore new worlds
- Multiplayer Booster Pack
Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition Pre-Order ($69.99):
- Everything in the Mass Effect: Andromeda Standard Edition Pre-Order
- Multiple additional armor and outfit sets
- An elite weapons set, and a new vehicle skin for the Nomad
- Multiplayer Booster and Deluxe Launch Packs
- Mass Effect: Andromeda digital soundtrack
- A pet space-monkey to hang out with on your ship
Mass Effect: Andromeda Super Deluxe Edition Pre-Order ($99.99):
- Everything from the Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
- Even more Multiplayer Booster Packs
- Co-op play Premium Packs for 20 weeks
Not much else came out of the announcement other than the release date, but EA and BioWare stated that new environments and gameplay would be shown at NVIDIA’s CES keynote later today at 9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT. We’ll bring you more news of Mass Effect: Andromeda soon!