Blizzard Entertainment kicked off BlizzCon 2016 by announcing a new character will be added to Overwatch: Sombra.
Sombra has been teased for quite some time, even being spotted earlier this week. But today, Blizzard has finally revealed the highly-anticipated character in a new animated short called “Infiltration.” She's described as a stealthy-offensive infiltrator who is capable of hacking the battlefield in a number of ways. Thankfully, Blizzard just revealed her abilities, which can be seen below:
- Machine Pistol: Sombra’s fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range spread.
- Hack: Sombra hacks enemies to temporarily stop them from using their abilities, or hacks first aid kits to make them useless to her opponents.
- Thermoptic Camo: Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time, during which her speed is boosted considerably. Attacking, using offensive abilities, or taking damage disables her camouflage.
- Translocator: Sombra tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active (including when it’s in mid-flight).
- EMP: Sombra discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.
We won't have to wait long until we get our hands on Sombra as Blizzard announced she'll be available to play next week via Overwatch's PTR.
In addition to announcing Sombra, Blizzard revealed new maps are coming to Overwatch, including Oasis and a map based on Mei's story. A new Arcade mode will also be coming to Overwatch, which will be launching on PTR next week as well.
Daniel Perez posted a new article, Sombra infiltrates Overwatch in new animated short