Fallout 4: Nuka-World is the latest DLC expansion from Bethesda, and it packs a whole lot of things to dive into. One of the biggest quests in the new DLC, Star Control, actually takes the usual hand-holding waypoint marking Fallout 4 quest format and turns it on its head, tasking players with locating 20 Star Cores to power down the guard bots that roam around the park without any kind of help. It’s almost like finding a needle in a haystack! Finding 20 of the items will finish the quest, letting you progress. However, if you manage to find all 35 of the Star Cores that have been hidden around the park, you’ll unlock a sweet new set of Power Armor. To help you out we’ve compiled this guide with directions to each and every Star Core.
We're still working on collecting every core, so be sure to check back often for updated information.
The first five Star Cores can actually be located in the main area of the Nuka-World map.
- Look for a table on the northern side of the area new Nuka-Town USA at the Nuka-Town Market to find this Star Core.
- The second Star Core can be grabbed from the employee area of the Nuka-Cade.
- Travel to the southwest corner of the map, just northeast of the Nuka-World junkyard, to find this third Star Core in the barn in that area.
- The fourth Star Core can be located near a body that can be found just south of Doc Phosphate’s Saloon, near the Dry Rock Gulch.
- The final Star Core in the main area can be found beside a body in the World of Refreshment. Head inside the Nuka-Cola Bottling Plant, then enter the Nuka-Cola Quantum section and turn to your right to spot the body, and the Star Core nearby.
Starlight Interstellar Theater
- Head to your left after entering the theater to find this Star Core inside a hidden room that can be found by traveling through a crack in the men’s bathroom wall.
- From the entrance, turn right and make your way through the kitchen to the back door. This Star Core can be found nearby.
- Another Star Core can be found on the console that sits across from the massive projector screen inside the theater.
- Make your way upstairs to the control room to find the last Star Core in this area.
Vault-Tec: Among the Stars
- Take the elevator near the entrance to the bottom level to find the Vault-Tec exhibit. Move away from the exhibit, take out the nearby Protetrons, and then lockpick the locked door at the end of the hall. This Star Core can be found inside.
- Make your way to the living room display and locate the locked door. Use a lockpick to open it, and then look inside for another Star Core.
- In the living room area, head through the unlocked exits and into a room filled with radioactive materials. A Star core can be found inside.
- Locate the nursery, which is just off to the side of the living room display, and lockpick the sliding door to find the main office. Defeat the Novatron that guards the office, and then keep moving forward to find three Star Cores in the Observation Center.
This guide is a work in progress and we will be updating it daily with new Star Core locations, so be sure to check back for new locations and descriptions.