Weekend Confirmed returns to the studio after a fantastic live show at PAX 2011, and just in time to dig into the first of the big releases due out this fall. "Indie" Jeff Mattas and Andrea Rene join Jeff and Garnett and the show gets right down to business with Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. From there it's on to Resistance 3, but there's more to Whatcha Been Playin? as well, including the Gunstringer, Escape Plan, and Jeff's Indie picks. The right stick attachment for the 3DS sparks the news segment this week and it gets going from there into a spirited discussion of the way Modern Warfare has grown to represent video gaming in popular culture. Finishing moves just about warp things up but it's football season so be sure to stick around for the Tailgate if you're an NFL fan.
Weekend Confirmed Ep. 77: 09/09/2011
- Subscribe to Weekend Confirmed in iTunes
- Weekend Confirmed is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Subscribe to Weekend Confirmed via RSS
Weekend Confirmed comes in four segments to make it easy to listen to in segments or all at once. Here's the timing for this week's episode:
- Whatcha' Been Playin Part 1: Start: 00:00:00 End: 00:31:21
- Whatcha' Been Playin Part 2: Start: 00:31:55 End: 01:01:53
- The Warning: Start: 01:02:56 End: 01:33:53
- Featured music "White Boy Wasted" by Del Rio: 01:33:53 End: 01:37:30
- The Front Page news: Start: 01:37:30 End: 02:12:36
- Tailgate: Start: 2:13:20 End: 2:26:54
Del Rio, Weekend Confirmed Producer, drops his first single “White Boy Wasted” off of his upcoming album Club Tipsy. He’d like to thank all of the listeners of Weekend Confirmed who have supported him over the past year!
Check out the White Boy Wasted Video.
Buy the White Boy Wasted single on iTunes:
Original music in the show by Del Rio. Get his latest Album, The Wait is Over on iTunes. Check out more, including the Super Mega Worm mix and other mash-ups on his ReverbNation page or Facebook page, and follow him on twitter delriomusic.
Jeff Cannata can also be seen on The Totally Rad Show. They've gone daily so there's a new segment to watch every day of the week!
Remember to join the Official Facebook Weekend Confirmed Page and add us to your Facebook routine. We'll be keeping you up with the latest on the show there as well.