Not too much is known about the game at this point, though apparently you'll receive "titles, castles and riches" for vanquishing dark alchemists who are invading the fantasy world of Aura, hoping to plunder its Elenium mineral. Clearly, it's a video game. Katuri and publisher 1C Company offer the following quick run-down of Royal Quest's features:
- Castles. One of the key objects in the game. If players capture a castle they should be sure to loot its treasury of gold. They can also receive a garden, gold mine or a lake as a bonus, which will provide the dwellers with valuable resources.
- Loot. If a hero dies in PVP, the killer receives some of the hero's belongings.
- Monsters. The world of Royal Quest is full of a huge variety of creatures. Any monster can become a target and bring precious gold. Even the tiniest monster can also hold a unique Card. These cards will help players upgrade items as well as enchant them with some new unique abilities.
- Elements. Success can only be achieved if the elements are used wisely. The most powerful Burning Sword is simply useless vs. a fire monster. And vice versa, even the weakest Frost Blade can be fatal to a creature made of flame. There is no ultimate weapon, only the ultimate strategy.
- Pets. They require care and follow their master everywhere, collect loot, increase their master's combat skills and weaken enemies.
Katuri director Dmitry Gusarov hints that Royal Quest might be a bit more action-oriented than your regular generic MMORPG, saying "The present MMORPG market is full of projects with massive world distances and unhurried battles. We consider Royal Quest a nice adrenaline injection to the market and it will allow players to act as real heroes."
Royal Quest is slated for release on PC in spring 2012.
I love these guys and their Kings Bounty games, but damn it why could of this not been a SP game with co op :(
All well, I wish them luck.
yep. I used to love nival games aswell. and then they started doing mmo shit