"Toy Box" offers explosive free Game Add-on content to all "Crackdown 2" owning fans:
- Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first "Crackdown" expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to "Crackdown 2" and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.
- Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.
- Vehicle Tag*: Once you're done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.
If that's not enough to get your heart racing, fans can purchase additional in-game content to extend their gaming experience for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace:
- Two New Vehicles*: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
- Five New Toys*: Whether you're soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
- Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. "Toy Box" offers two Avatar Awards to customize your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:
- Beyond the Infinite
- Run Get to the Chopper
- Tac Loc Takedown
- Burnt Offerings
- Mile High Club
- Never Give It Up
- One Careful Driver
- Wing a Ding Ding
- Hung Out To Dry
Eight Agent Suit Colors: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armor for your Agent:*Players who have not purchased the premium "Toy Box" content will only have access to the new vehicles and gadgets during multiplayer games if a friend who has purchased the premium content joins. Downloading "Toy Box" is not required to continue engaging in other multiplayer gameplay modes with those who have downloaded it.
- Terror Firma
- Agent Orange
- May Contain Nuts
- Mega Agent
- Haz Mat
- Dem Apples
It is a sad day when cheat codes are sold for $7. :(
EA says, "Sup?"
I know the headline makes it sound like it's $7, but the cheat mode is part of the free stuff.
What he said. The cheats are free - the new content is gonna cost you.
Oh, huh. I'm confused now...
The Kotaku article was a lot more clear. The content will be released as two packs; one free, one for money/points/whatever.
The article certainly reads that way. If true, the headline is horribly misleading.