- Bonus Offer #1: Save $5.95 on the base Final Fantasy XI Monthly Subscription
Details: The Final Fantasy XI monthly service fee will be discounted from $12.95 USD to $7.00 USD per month on Final Fantasy XI accounts linked to the same Square Enix Account as Final Fantasy XIV.
- Applies only to Final Fantasy XI subscriptions that are paid for by credit card
- The discount will not be applied when the FINAL FANTASY XIV subscription is in its free period, as determined on the 25th of each month
- Does not apply to Final Fantasy XI accounts during their free trial period
- Only applies to one Final Fantasy XI account for each Final Fantasy XIV service account
- Only applies to the base monthly subscription and does not affect add-on content
- This offer will remain in effect until January 2011
Note: For example, if a Square Enix Account has two Final Fantasy XIV service accounts and three FINAL FANTASY XI accounts, then the discount would only apply to two of the three Final Fantasy XI accounts.
- Bonus Offer #2: A Special Final Fantasy XIV In-Game Item
Details: Final Fantasy XIV players with an active Final Fantasy XI account will begin their adventure with a special in-game item: Hermes' Shoes. "Named after an elder god, all but forgotten in the modern age, these gold-tipped shoes have been crafted with the lightest of leathers, making them optimal for use by heralds and noterunners."
- For qualifying players, all playable characters created on the Final Fantasy XIV service account will start the game with the bonus item automatically in their inventory.
- In order to qualify for the bonus item: An active Final Fantasy XI account must be linked before the Final Fantasy XIV playable character is created
- At the time the Final Fantasy XIV character is created, the Final Fantasy XI content ID registered to the linked Final Fantasy XI account must not be invalid or cancelled
- The linked Final Fantasy XI account must not be within the free trial period
- Bonus Offer #3: Transfer Your Final Fantasy XI Character Name into Final Fantasy XIV
- When creating a new playable character on a Final Fantasy XIV service account, a character name used from the linked Final Fantasy XI account can be transferred to Final Fantasy XIV.
- Transfer of a Final Fantasy XI playable character name will not be applicable in the following instances:
- If the Final Fantasy XIV playable character is created before an active Final Fantasy XI account is linked
- If, at the time that the Final Fantasy XIV character is created, the Content ID on the linked Final Fantasy XI is invalid or has been cancelled
- If the linked Final Fantasy XI account is within the free trial period
- If no Final Fantasy XI character exists on the linked Final Fantasy XI account
- Please note that in some instances, it may take upwards of 24 hours for the Final Fantasy XI character name to be selectable in Final Fantasy XIV.
- When prompted, upon selecting the Final Fantasy XI character name as the Final Fantasy XIV playable character name, the transferred name will be the Final Fantasy XI player character name + Final Fantasy XI world name the character resides on.
- Final Fantasy XI Player Character Name: Destiny
- Final Fantasy XI World Name: Odin
- The resulting Final Fantasy XIV character name: Destiny Odin
You too can own the Iron Sheik's boots for your very own!
Time for the cobra clutch!