Extending its Rock Band rivalry to the iPhone and iPod touch, Activision today released Guitar Hero to the iTunes App Store. Developed by Guitar Hero Nintendo DS maker Vicarious Visions, the game is also compatible with, but not optimized for, iPad.
Priced at $2.99, the 106MB download includes six tunes, with a number of additional ditties available in the form of $1.99 Song Packs, which include three songs each.
- Base Songs:
- Queen - "We Are The Champions"
- Rise Against - "Savior"
- The Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"
- Vampire Weekend - "Cousins"
- Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
- The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"
- The Faint - "The Geeks Were Right"
- Minus the Bear - "Secret Country"
- Silversun Pickups - "Substitution"
- Band of Skulls - "Death By Diamonds And Pearls"
- Obits - "Two-Headed Coin"
- The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid"
- Darkest Hour - "The Tides"
- The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Farewell, Mona Lisa"
- Protest the Hero - "Limb From Limb"
- A Day to Remember - "I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?"
- AFI - "Medicate"
- Breaking Benjamin - "Diary of Jane"
- "Giving Up The Gun"
- "Another One Bites The Dust"
- "Fat Bottomed Girls"
- "Killer Queen"
Downloadable Content ($1.99 per Song Pack)
- Song Pack featuring The Faint, Minus the Bear and Silversun Pickups:
Looks a bit like Tap tap. The song selection mostly sucks though :(