EA DICE's first-person shooter Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has sold five million copies since it hit PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2010, Electronic Arts said today.
Amazingly, it seems that at least four million were sold during the game's first month at retail, as Electronic Arts noted that Bad Company 2 was among five games that sold over four million copies within its past fiscal year, which ended on March 31, 2010.
The other games that sold more than four million copies between April 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010 were FIFA 10, Madden NFL 10, The Sims 3 and Need for Speed Shift. In particular, FIFA 10 has sold over ten million copies since it launched in October 2009.
In addition, the company passed along a bevy of other tidbits on its sales:
- EA is ranked #1 publisher on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 2. EA is the #1 third party publisher on the Wii and PSP platforms.
- EA leads the industry in quality with 20 titles earning a Metacritic rating of 80 or above.
- EA is ranked #1 publisher with 19 percent segment share, up 1.7 points from the prior year, with four of the top 20 games in North America and four of the top 20 games in Europe.
- [Q4 FY10] sales were driven by Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, Dante's Inferno and digital businesses.
- Battlefield 1943 sold over 1.5 million units to date and is the best-selling download-only game on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade.
- EA has sold over eight million units worldwide of Hasbro branded family and kids video games to date.
- The Sims franchise has sold over 125 million units worldwide to date.