According to today's announcement, Tom Clany's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is "scheduled to ship Fall 2010." No differentiation between the various platforms was made, though Ubisoft has suggested the PC version could arrive later. Also in the works are Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP versions that sport "a different approach."
A multiplayer beta of the game is set to take place on Xbox 360 over the summer, with Xbox 360 copies of Splinter Cell: Conviction packing an "exclusive beta invitation."
About the Game
As a member of the elite Ghost Recon, you are among the few who possess the power, the adaptability, and the cognitive fortitude of the future soldier. Specialized in every area of combat, equipped for survival, and trained in absolute discretion, you are entrusted with the missions no other soldier can handle. Armed to the teeth with an arsenal of real-world high-tech weaponry only in prototype today, you are an F-16 on legs, trained to lock on to your objective even in the world's most complex, high-risk warzones.
Experience the Future of War
- The Ghosts pack the latest and best high-tech military equipment, inspired by actual prototypes.
- Blend into any environment with mind-bending optical camouflage.
- An exoskeleton enhances the Ghosts' physical abilities, allowing them to run, leap, slide and kick farther & faster than any soldier on the field today.
- Unparalleled physicality and lethal expertise in melee close combat are now at your disposal. Control all-new heavily armed unmanned ground and air combat drones.
- Unleash large-radius firepower with a personal mortar capable of firing multiple guided rockets simultaneously.
- Instantly coordinate combat against 360° threats: link-up with your Ghost teammates in a formidable formation at the push of a button.
- Move-and-shoot-as-one with your friends or AI teammates with no training and no complex orders system.
- Benefit from your teammates' high-tech abilities and combine them to unleash the power of an army at the pull of your trigger.
Epic Solo and Co-op Campaign!
- Join the Ghosts as Kozak, a fresh recruit whose elite unit is the United State's best and only means of retaliation when a nationalist coup unseats Russia's legitimate president
- Experience multiple aspects of the war from the unique perspectives of a high-level bodyguard, an engineer, a civilian and more.
- Play the single- or split-screen cooperative campaign across multiple theatres as the shadow of global conflict creeps across Northern Europe and beyond.
Fast-Paced, Addictive Multiplayer Mode
- Link-up for heated 8 vs. 8 adversarial matches and combine the four balanced class abilities, plus drones and individual gear.
- Seamless ranking progression in Single, Co-op and Adversarial modes: unlock multiple rewards for your Ghost or your Clan.
Since Ubisoft didn't learn its lesson with Assassins Creed II and the shitty DRM and insisting on ruining Splinter Cell Conviction with the same SHIT, maybe they will learn with Ghost Recon.