WHA Entertainment have announced a new downloadable game based on the film "Kick-Ass" for release on the PlayStation 3 through the PlayStation Network and iPhone through the App Store on April 15, 2010.
The film, which stars Aaron Johnson as "Kick-Ass", Nicolas Cage as "Big Daddy", Chloe Moretz as "Hit-Girl", and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin' from Superbad) as "Red Mist", will hit theaters on April 16, 2010. The game boasts the following feautres:
- 3 playable characters (Kick-Ass, Big Daddy and Hit Girl)
- 8 missions with multiple environments, bosses and mini-bosses
- Facebook integration and Facebook missions
- Frantic superhero action!
- Environment Interaction and Finishers
- Multiplayer Local Co-op
- Sub-missions and mini-games!
I'm curious how the gameplay will translate from the PS3 release to the iPhone release, but I guess if we can have Street Fighter IV on the iPhone, anything is possible.
As for the movie itself, these two not-work-safe trailers provide a taste:
How the hell does Nicolas Cage keep getting work?
He is just so good at looking concerned for 90 minutes.