The 'Highlander' mode limits teams to only one of each class for jolly action up to 9v9 where teams must strategise beyond throwing demomen at a problem.
Highlander has been played unofficially in TF2 for some time now, both spontaneously by players using the honour system and through server-side plugins created by fans to alter the game rules. There have even been competitive Highlander ladders.
The patch brings a handful of other changes, including fixes for maps added by the recent 'War' update. Valve recently announced it would be bringing player-created content into the game in another way, by adding cosmetic custom items.
Enabled Steam Cloud support for key bindings and custom spraypaint images
- Added Options->Multiplayer->Advanced option to toggle off/on: default is on
Team Fortress 2
Added new Highlander mode
- 9 players allowed per team
- Restricts each team to 1 of each class
- Use mp_highlander (0/1) to toggle off/on: default is 0
Added "bots" to the server's sv_tags convar if the server is running bots Fixed a weapon name localization issue Fixed the "tf_teamtalk" server convar not controlling text chat between living/dead teammates Updated the map CTF_DoubleCross
- Fixed the map not ending correctly when using mp_timelimit
- Changed to prevent Engineers from building on top of the shack in each base
Updated the map Arena_WatchTower
- Fixed a case where players could open and get stuck on the starting gates before the round start
- Improved clipping to prevent people from getting out of the map
- Optimized the map for better performance
Since the patch, when I die, my game freezes for a split second. It's really annoying.
I have the same problem...though it happens to me killing other players too.
Apparently disabling steam cloud updates fixes this
If I always play on the same machine, does the steam cloud actually do anything for me?
Only if you have to reinstall the game.
That's a temp fix. It worked for me until I restarted the game again :(
I've been having the same problem. I thought it was my system (have been doing some tweaking lately), or that it was my connection.
Yeah tons of people have been getting it since the update. Some even getting it while killing someone else. It's annoying :(