Left 4 Dead 2 PC Pre-Orders Bring Bill's Beret to TF2
"For the first time in history, two separate Valve universes collide," Valve proclaims in a post on the TF2 Blog. "This is not fan fiction! This is not a dream sequence! The characters from Team Fortress 2 will team-up with Bill's hat from Left 4 Dead 1!"
"And lest you think this is just some marketing gimmick," Valve explains, "here's the intricate back-story justifying it: while conducting a science experiment on parallel dimensions, Bill's hat fell off a table into the Team Fortress universe."
In other L4D2-related digital clothing news, Valve has confirmed to G4tv that Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox 360 will grant Live avatar items in return for achieving certain tasks. Nine awards in total will be up for grabs, including a med pack and t-shirts.
- Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt - A Left 4 Dead 2 shirt earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge
- Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt #2 - A Left 4 Dead 2 shirt earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge
- Depeche Mode Shirt - A sweet Depeche Mode shirt earned by rescuing Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.
- Depeche Mode Shirt #2 - A sweet Depeche Mode shirt earned by rescuing Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.
- Zombie Hand Shirt - A scary zombie shirt earned by killing 10,000 Infected
- Zombie Hand Shirt #2 - A scary zombie shirt earned by killing 10,000 Infected
Bill's beret is but the latest in a line of pre-order incentives for the Left 4 Dead 2, which have also included an exclusive in-game baseball bat weapon. Valve's zombie shooter sequel is scheduled to arrive for PC and Xbox 360 on November 17.
I like pre-order bonuses. It's the only reason I pre-order ANYTHING. When popular games are being released I just haven't run across any supply issues to warrant reserving a copy. I think I remember perhaps in the late-90's early-00's that sometimes there were shortages but not lately. I better shut up or stores and suppliers will start purposely limiting stock.