Chief among the patch's changes are eagerly-awaited improvements to mouse handling and responsiveness, further crash fixes, and a smattering of multiplayer fixes. Click on through for the full changelog.
- New: Added mouse smoothing to game options.
- New: Enabled multiple parameters for MP missions.
- New: Mouse filtering strenght adjustable using mouseSmoothing=NNNN in user config.
- New: Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.
- Improved: Mouse smoothing disabled for fast movement.
- Improved: Mouse smoothing can be disabled in user profile file using line mouseSmoothing=0;
- Improved: Audio volume settings.
- Fixed: Soldier were walking on non-existant heaps of debris from destroyed buildings.
- Fixed: Autocoordination caused rudder oscillation in high speed flight.
- Fixed: Crashes in VoN when many players were speaking simultaneously.
- Fixed: Immortal freezed soldiers occured in MP.
- Fixed: Broken kill scoring in MP (two points for unit kill).
- Fixed: Input key actions are no longer active while chat mode.
- Fixed: Diag_log used with long text argument caused crash.
- Fixed: Mouse scrolling in diary.
- Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.
- Fixed: Switching to Utes from Chernarus caused Utes to contain infinite landscape.
- Fixed: Time of day synchronized on client after connection to server.
- Fixed: Speed of sound simulation.
- Fixed: Fire from rifle distort sound.
- Fixed: Crash by malformed input to a diag_log scripting function.
- Fixed: Dark muzzle flash in some of the weapon optics.
- Fixed: MP: Ships and boats used excessive bandwidth and CPU power.
- Fixed: Players are no longer forced to reconnect after MP Load on server.
- Fixed: Bike rider can be no longer healed.
- Fixed: Sometimes crew of a near vehicle was visible through the vehicle.
- Improved: Communication menu updated to work with the new menu systems.
- Fixed: Some persistent RE calls added for better JIP compatibility in campaign.
- Fixed: Music was sometimes not playing properly due to faulty playMusic RE command call.
- Fixed: Scene area cleared from exploding destroyed vehicles during various scenes.
- Fixed: Possible appearance of immortal non-player characters in campaign.
- Fixed: (First to Fight) MP: Logos shown on client every time after JIP.
- Fixed: (First to Fight) MP: Skeet shooting not working for clients after JIP.
- Fixed: (First to Fight) Players not boarded in the chopper if they got in the towing tractor.
- Fixed: (Into the Storm) MP: Bad position of client players during converation.
- Fixed: (Into the Storm) Some voice-subtitles difference in the first dialog.
- Fixed: (Into the Storm) MP: No callsign for HQ entity on clients.
- Fixed: (One Week Later) MP: Clients not sitting on bikes after leaving the AAV.
- Fixed: (One Week Later) MP: Player is no longer the co-pilot in the Osprey.
- Fixed: (Manhattan) Escort chopper often shot down.
- Fixed: (Manhattan) Palyer stuck in the animation after first scene.
- Fixed: (Badlands) Prizrak no longer initiates conversation if Cooper is in a vehicle.
- Fixed: (Badlands) Non-fucntional ending in campaign scenario.
- Fixed: (Missing in Action) Redundant random sentences from Razor.
- Improved: Ambient Civilians module caused lag in MP due to window lights.
- Fixed: Undefined variables in Ambient Civilians module.
- Fixed: High Command could behave strange when someone added his own display event handler.
- Fixed: Wrong positions of objects/logics.
- Fixed: Performance problems related to Animals module in MP.
- Improved: Some of the vehicle HUDs now contain missing info.
- Fixed: Alignment issues on several wrapper UI screens.
Now, perhaps a Steam sale might entice me into purchasing this.
I second this motion!
Good call. I bought on release - had fun mixed with massive frustration through the single player campaign... got to a mission that could not be completed due to some kind of bug... and never have played it again.
These patches the last month or two have probably made it a lot less frustrating. I should have followed your lead.
Yeah, same. It's horrible. I only want the Steam version, because I know it exists. I was just waiting for some kind of sale, ANY sale.. even $40 or something would be instant buy, regardless of the retail version's prices/sales. I simply haven't paid attention to them.
I want the Steam version because I know this game is gonna (need to) be patched about 10 times. Manual patching is a pain in the arse.
yes, awaiting sale for arma2!
I second that!