The first of three unlockable weapons planned for the Heavy are Killing Gloves of Boxing (or K.G.B.), which replace the Heavy's bare fists as his melee attack. When landing a killing blow with the K.G.B., the Heavy receives five full seconds of guaranteed critical hits, which can be used to kill more foes and further extend the remaining time.
The crit bonus can also be used with the Heavy's other weapons—the shotgun and the minigun—allowing the class to lay waste to enemies at a distance. The gloves offer a slower swing speed than the Heavy's uncovered fists, making use of the item somewhat riskier than the standard equipment roll-out.
Along with two yet-unannounced unlockable weapons, the K.G.B. will be obtainable via a total of 35 class-specific achievements. The Heavy's new weaponry will likely see a similar structure as the previously released Pyro update, which granted unlockable weapons at 10, 16, and 22 earned achievements.
While the requirements for the achievements have not yet been specified, their names and iconography—paired with the image file names—offer a few clues as to what those requirements might be.
The achievements and their corresponding file names are as follows:
- Iron Kurtain - heavy_damage_taken
- Party Loyalty - heavy_defend_medic.png
- Division of Labor - heavy_assist_medic_large
- Red Oktoberfest - heavy_earn_medic_domination
- Show Trial - heavy_kill_taunt
- Crime and Punishment - heavy_kill_flag_carriers
- Class Struggle - heavy_kill_medic_pair
- Soviet Block - heavy_block_invuln_heavy
- Stalin the Kart - heavy_block_cart
- Supreme Soviet - heavy_receive_uber_grind
- Factory Worker - heavy_stand_near_dispenser
- Soviet Union - heavy_assist_heavy_grind
- 0wn The Means of Production - heavy_clear_stickybombs
- Krazy Ivan - heavy_kill_underwater
- Rasputin - heavy_take_multi_damage
- Icing on the Cake - heavy_kill_dominated
- Crock Block - heavy_survive_crocket
- Kollectivization - heavy_assist_grind
- Spyalectical Materialism - heavy_uncover_spies
- Permanent Revolution - heavy_kill_while_spinup
- Heavy Industry - heavy_fire_lots
- Communist Mani-Fisto - heavy_kill_crit_punch
- Redistribution of Health - heavy_heal_medkits
- Rationing - heavy_kill_shotgun
- Vanguard Party - heavy_first_to_cap
- Pushkin the Kart - heavy_payload_cap_grind
- Marxman - heavy_kill_midair_minigun
- Gorky Parked - heavy_defend_control_point
- Purge - heavy_kill_capping_enemies
- Lenin a Hand - heavy_revenge_assist
- Five Second Plan - heavy_teleport_fast_kill
- Photostroika - heavy_freezecam_taunt
- Konspicuous Konsumption - heavy_eat_sandwiches
- Don't Touch Sandvich - heavy_kill_scouts
- Borscht Belt - heavy_kill_heavies_gloves
This rocks, a great game that just keeps getting better.
absolutely. this sounds like fun. 5 seconds of crits is a long time, especially if it transfers to other weapons. Who needs kritzkrieg when you can create your own. I wonder if this works while uber'd.
i love the way valve has been adding to this game steadily and continues to tune it.