"We don't comment on rumors or speculation, but what we can tell you is we've never seen this list before," a company representative told Joystiq.
The amazingly long list, which was supposed leaked from a inside source within Microsoft, specified a number of frequently requested changes, such as:
- Game installation
- The option to re-assign DRM-protected downloads
- The ability to remove games from a GamerCard, assuming one had yet to earn any achievements
For giggles, we've thrown the full list after the break:
- Option to delay sign-in to Xbox LIVE upon booting console (to allow user to set Online Status).
- Option to promote Child Account from Family Settings.
- Disallow Child Accounts (over 18) to override Family Settings by launching Privacy Settings through a title.
- Option in Family Settings for Child Accounts to enable child-oriented/non-mature advertisements.
- Introduce a group chat (4) for Private Chat and conferences through Video Chat.
- Support to indicate media being watched to gamercard status (video content from Marketplace only).
- Extend height for Bio field in Personal Profile, easier navigation through text.
- More fields present in Personal Profile -- recent achievements, interests, games, movies, links, custom section.
- Compact Personal Profile for new fields (navigating to field will open it up).
- Mandatory option to delete duplicate titles from gamercard (excludes Games for Windows - LIVE). User disconnected from Xbox LIVE when booting any title until action complete.
- Option to remove payment information from gamertag.
- New payment methods for international users.
- Download History on Account Management better organized -- games, genre, type, download date, miscellaneous.
- Long descriptions of items on Marketplace can be scrolled using right stick.
- Better organization of free content on Marketplace.
- Option to 'ping' when testing connection.
- Allow re-connection to Xbox LIVE if Ethernet cable is re-inserted whilst powered on.
- New strip colours available to developers, staff gamercards.
- New corner icon available to ambassadors.
- Re-introduce Messages button for Inside Xbox updates only.
- Option to store up to 10 messages permanently on server (excludes invites, status messages).
- Increase character limit for text messages between friends only.
- Option to disable invites from non-friends or all players.
- Option to disable invites from titles not on gamercard (excludes demos).
- Option to have smaller items moved up in Active Downloads.
- Automatically re-connect to Xbox LIVE if disconnected unexpectedly (set intervals).
- Option to download gamer picture (if available) from a gamercard being viewed.
- Display random tips to replace static text on Xbox LIVE and Games blades.
- New button on Marketplace for optional dashboard features -- uses Storage Device memory.
- Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID.
- Option to purchase Membership for charities (includes benefits).
- Integrate file-sharing for selected titles on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows - LIVE.
- Disable notifications to friends of user repeatedly signing into service (set period).
- Option to see 'snippet' of text message in notification.
- Windows Live Mail integration - includes support for Xbox LIVE Vision.
- Option to display gamer picture or standard picture as display picture in Windows Live Messenger.
- Support for headset, Xbox LIVE Vision in Windows Live Messenger.
- Support for limited 'winks' that display on dashboard interface. Option to disable 'winks' and 'nudges' added.
- Notifications separate from Windows Live Messenger to Xbox 360 notifications.
- Disable multiple languages from being used in any Xbox LIVE editable fields.
- Option to delete titles from gamercard with 0 gamerscore and 0 achievements (excludes some titles that will be re-added to launch another title).
- Organize My Games at the Games Library section better (includes disc-based titles) -- sort by genre, platform (Games for Windows - LIVE), percentage completion.
- Support to display friends leaderboards for disc-based titles.
- Show dates of an achievement unlocked when comparing.
- Preload Games Library upon dashboard bootup for faster access.
- Game updates now shown as items in Memory, increased amount of updates on Storage Device
- Option to delete game updates, removed 'cheat code' as no longer needed.
- Support for more titles to display banner when accessing guide in-game.
- Option to re-introduce awarded gamer pictures from titles that do not have their own re-introduce feature (requires saved game).
- Disable gamer pictures from being awarded from trials.
- Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.
- Synchronization to achievements offline/online that were deleted and then re-added from developers.
- Option to hold LT and RT for rewinding/fast-forwarding video content.
- Option to delete individual music tracks from storage device.
- Option to rip music CD at different quality.
- Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.
- Support for menu, top-menu features on video content downloaded from Marketplace.
- Section added for audio delivered through feeds (podcasts). Option to stream, download to Storage Device.
- Support added for video titles/description to gamercard status.
- Option to navigate quickly out of several menus back to respective blade home (applies to Games, Media, System).
- New blade trim styles added.
- Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.
- New sounds for various functions (notifications, blades, navigation).
- Calibration options for display/sound.
- Calibration options for motion sensor devices.
- New effects for Xbox LIVE Vision and dashboard background.
- Disable changing of Theme when on Memory to prevent 'hanging'.
- Preload recent, limited items upon dashboard bootup on Memory.
- Faster loading of Themes section on guide.
- Option to see what items will not work offline due to DRM license changing from
- Option to automatically associate new DRM to items downloaded for free.
- Indicate 'charging' status on guide when Play & Charge kit is connected.
- Option to change text colours on guide to better contrast some backgrounds.
- Language improvements.
- Word censor updated for fields.
- Privacy Settings/Family Settings updated for new features.
- Voice, picture messages can be read at Xbox.com (Gold accounts). [*]
You know I love you baby.
I am like Fox Mulder, I love the truth even if it hurts so bad