Now available on the North American Xbox Live Marketplace is a demo for Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. The 1.2gb download allows you to play through two stages of game's first act.
The retail version of Blueside's action-RPG will be in stores January 8.
never heard of this.. action-rpg eh?
seemed okay i guess. but...
- cutscenes are awful, but the voice acting & dialogue is especially terrible. talking sotn bad here, so it may be so bad it's good. i dunno.
- graphics were okay, though the framerate gets low here and there, not a dealbreaker for the genre but annoying still
- mostly a buttom masher, the same as diablo is a mouse clicker, stay away if you hate repetition
- inventory management seems like it would be extremely annoying. after 5 minutes in the demo it said my inventory was full.
- to learn new 'spells' you have to do 'quests' and those 'quests' are basically grinding 40 different monsters
- mobs seemed to take a lot of hits, coop would probably be faster and more fun
+ online coop apparently, 2-4 players
+ 6 classes, only 1 in the demo though
+ dunno what else, so i'll say i dug the music in the first forest area, the rest wasn't nearly as good!
oh yeah, the camera control is really bad. takes for fucking ever to rotate around normally or aim a ranged attack when holding the left trigger. terrible.
Sweet thanks for the write up, I thought the screenshots looked great, but I'd trade fun gameplay over pretty any day. Looks like this is a no download for me.