Some earlier VR experiences still remain and the best examples the platform has to offer and Windlands by Psytec Games stands among the best. The game's grappling hook mechanics are engaging, exciting, and could make you wonder when a full Spider-man experience will come to VR. While there's no movement on the Spider-Man front, VR consumers are getting another dose of grappling hook goodness with Windlands 2 and preorders are live now on Oculus Home.
If you decide to be an early worm to the Windlands 2 party, you'll be able to take advantage of a 15% discount which brings the game's price from $29.99 to $25.49. The team also dropped a new trailer (embedded above) that shows off a lot of the new features coming in the sequel. Here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Up to four player Co-Op.
- New Bow Weapon to use alongside the hooks in epic titan battles.
- Fully voiced storyline with NPCs and world events.
- Full Original Soundtrack
- Optional skill based Speed Run Races and collection challenges with Leaderboards.
- Multiple advanced modes, including "no hooks", "one life" and "hook anything".
- Collectables, Easter Eggs and Achievements that reward exploration with new hooks as rewards for completers.
The preorder page is live on Oculus right now and Windlands 2 is due to launch September 12, 2018, on the Oculus Rift. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.
Charles Singletary Jr posted a new article, New Windlands 2 teases VR grappling hook excitement, preorders live now
Friends who play together, barf together
Having demo’d it to hundreds of people, I’m surprised most are fine with it.
I'm just happy I can handle windlands for 30 minutes at a time, game is awesome, I'll be buying this
I really feel for people who get sick - I had my brother over on the weekend and he could only take 5 minutes of skyrim and couldn't play for the rest of the night