Another weekly reset is upon us. There isn't a whole lot to talk about in Destiny 2 these days, so Guardians are best to spend their time working on getting each character to 335, completing outstanding activities and stories, and trying to finish up their exotic collections. With the January 16, 2018 weekly reset, another opportunity to do all those things is upon us.
Nightfall - The Pyramidion
Probably my favorite strike in the game simply for the banter between Ghost and Asher Mir. It's good stuff, and the strike itself isn't very difficult. That can change due to modifiiers, but this week looks like a softball. Torrent means that you'll be throwing grenades until your arm falls off, and even more so if you're a Striker Titan, and you should have one with you.
- Torrent - Boundless power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster.
- Timewarp: Zero Hour - The mission timer cannot be extended. Choose your battles carefully.
- Speed of Dark - Complete the Nightfall with at least five minutes remaining.
- Unbroken - Complete the Nightfall with fewer than three deaths.
- Siege Engine - Do not allow Brakion to remain shielded for more than 40 seconds before defeating it.
Flashpoint - Mercury
It's not as bad as it seems. You make progress by killing yellow bar enemies, and they are everywhere. No more than 30 minutes of killing on this planet and your Flashpoint is done for the week. Well, on one character at least.
Leviathan Raid Order
The Leviathan raid order for this week is Royal Pools > Pleasure Gardens > The Gauntlet > Emperor Calus. Be sure to study our Leviathan raid guide, as well as our guide on the Leviathan raid underbelly codes to help you avoid repeated trips to the Castellum. That place sucks.
Leviathan Raid Challenge
The Leviathan Raid Challenge for this week is Royal Pools, if you're team is struggling to complete the encounter, take a look at our Royal Pools Challenge guide.
Faction Weapons for Sale
Below is a list of faction reps and what weapons they are selling. Truthfully, there's nothing here that you should be freaking out about. I wouldn't waste my Legendary Shards on any of them, but that's just me.
- Devrim Kay - Call to Serve Legendary Scout Rifle
- Asher Mir - Baligant Legendary Shotgun
- Sloane - Dead Man Walking Legendary Sidearm
- Failsafe - Shepherd's Watch Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Commander Zavala - The Showrunner Legendary Submachine Gun
- Lord Shaxx - Critical Sass Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Weapon: Legendary Solar Damage Mod
- Gauntlets: Legendary Kinetic Munition Loader Mod
- Chest Armor: Legendary Power Bracket Mod
- Rare Emote: Don the Hat - 400 Bright Dust
- Exotic Emote: Six Shooter - 3,250 Bright Dust
- Legendary Sparrow: Avalon Courser - 600 Bright Dust
- Legendary Ship: Edge of the Worlds - 500 Bright Dust
- Exotic Weapon Ornament: Symbiosis (Sturm) - 800 Bright Dust
- Exotic Weapon Ornament: Tesla's Revenge (Wardcliff Coil) - 800 Bright Dust
- Legendary Helmet: Omega Mechanos - 800 Bright Dust
- Exotic Ghost: Fire Victorious Shell - 2,850 Bright Dust
- Legendary Transmat Effect: Hive Arrival - 650 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Xenosilver - 40 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Dawn and Dusk - 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Legendary Consumable - 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Legendary Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Legendary Consumable - 750 Bright Dust
There's your Destiny 2 weekly reset for January 16, 2018. Visit the Shacknews Destiny 2 complete strategy guide for everything you’ll ever need to be a great Guardian.