BioWare is rewarding purchases of Dragon Age 2 with a free PC download of Mass Effect 2, the company announced today. The offer extends to anyone who buys the game and follows a few steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59 PST, and that includes those who have already bought Dragon Age 2. The steps from BioWare are as follows:
1. Purchase your copy of Dragon Age II (if you do not already own one).
2. Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)
3. Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account
4. Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account
5. Enter your Online Pass code and click "Submit". You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.
6. Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don't have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://eastore.ea.com/eadm)
The offer does come with a few caveats. The free Mass Effect 2 copy is only available via PC download, so you can't get it on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. You need to have activated The Black Emporium to access the free download, so if you bought a used copy of Dragon Age 2 you'll need to buy the The Black Emporium DLC separately. And finally, the Mass Effect 2 download doesn't include the Cerberus Network or its associated content, so you'll have to buy it separately if you want the extra missions.
Check out BioWare's Sequel Celebration site for more details on the offer and to get started on registering for your copy.