There are lots of goodies coming for Doom within the next week. First, Update 2 releases tomorrow with some new free content, then on August 5, the multiplayer expansion Unto the Evil will be unleashed upon the world.
In tomorrow's update, players will get two new multiplayer maps. Sector is a map for capture and hold mode, while Exodus is a map for One-Flag CTF mode. In addition, new Snapmap modifications have been added, including weapon wheel, jump pads and Hell modules.
Update 2's release will coincide with the launch of a Double XP weekend, which will end on July 31.
As for Unto the Evil, it will include:
- Three new multiplayer maps: Offering, Cataclysm, and Ritual
- A new player-controlled demon: Harvester
- A new weapon: UAC EMG Pistol
- New equipment: Kinetic Mine
- New ways to customize your DOOM Marine, including additional armor sets, patterns, colors, and taunts
- New hack modules
The DLC expansion will sell for $14.99 when it is released next Friday for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.