A noteworthy patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution's PC edition launched yesterday on Steam, bringing changes including fixes for stuttering and other bugs, performance improvements, and the ability to skip its intro logo movies.
Looking forward, Human Revolution will also be getting support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround in a future patch. Presently, it only officially supports multiple monitors and 3D though AMD's Eyefinity and HD3D tech. The patch notes also mention that the developers "are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch," which is always welcome news.
Here's the full changelog for yesterday's PC patch:
- We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in 'stuttering'.
- Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
- Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
- Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously als
- result in stuttering.
- Fixed issue where some players couldn't complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
- Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn't open.
- The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC's body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
- Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
- A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
- An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
- Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
- Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
- In DX9 mode:
- Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
- Fixed shadow-mapping 'lines' on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.
- The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
- Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
- Added windowed mode.
- Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
- Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audi
- is controlled by the language option in Steam.