When Brink publisher Bethesda promised to release its first downloadable content for free to apologise for issues Splash Damage's shooter suffered at launch, we weren't expecting it to be anything substantial. However, the 'Agents of Change' pack, as it turns out to be called, has been revealed as a tasty little freebie indeed.
Slated to arrive some time in June, Agents of Change will bring two new maps, five new player abilities, two new weapon attachments and two new character outfits to the class-based shooter. It'll also boost the level cap by 4 to 24, which should let players equip more perks.
In other Brink news, patches launched for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions over the weekend, and online stat-tracking is due to go live on the official site today.
Here's the list of what we'll get in the Agents of Change DLC:
- Founders' Tower - The revolution finally reaches the island's iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.
- Labs - Venture into the depths of the Ark's original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.
New Player Abilities
- UAV - This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.
- Napalm Grenade - Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.
- Pyro Mine - Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.
- Field Regen Unit - Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.
- Tactical Scanner - This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.
New Weapon Attachments
- Bayonets - Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.
- Weapon Shields - Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.
New Character Outfits
- The Sad Punk - Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.
- The Limey - Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police.