New releases dominated the software chart, with Resident Evil 5 surpassing 1.5 million units thanks to a dual-platform debut, and Halo Wars racking up an impressive 639K.
Meanwhile, Nintendo continued its dominance of hardware sales charts.
The month's ten best-selling consoles games were:
- Resident Evil 5 (Capcom, 360) - 938,000 units
- Pokemon Platinum Version (Game Freak, DS) - 805,000 units
- Halo Wars (Ensemble, 360) - 639,000 units
- Resident Evil 5 (Capcom, PS3) - 585,000 units
- Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii) - 541,000 units
- MLB 09: The Show (Sony, PS3) - 305,000 units
- Killzone 2 (Guerrilla Games, PS3) - 296,000 units
- Wii Play (Nintendo, Wii) - 281,000 units
- Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii) - 278,000 units
- Major League Baseball 2K9 (Visual Concepts, 360) - 205,000 units
As for hardware, March brought about the following results: