Nintendo just dropped a massive update to the Switch. Please take a look at the patch notes.
Improvements Included in Version 4.0.0 (Distributed 10/18/2017)
Added the following system functionality
Capture video on select game
- To capture video, hold down the Capture Button during gameplay
- Up to maximum of the previous 30 seconds will be saved in the Album. You can trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post to Facebook and Twitter.
- As of October 18th, 2017, this feature is compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon
Select from 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons for your user
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
Transfer user and save data to another system
- To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data
Pre-purchase option on Nintendo eShop
- A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
- This feature will be supported by future game releases
News channel updates
- The news feed has been updated with a new look.
- Unfollowing a channel will remove that channel's content from the news feed and following the channel again will make it reappear.
Match software version with a group of local users
- To create a group, head to the software's Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
- Everyone's software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
- All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
- Changed the specification which hid wireless networks using TKIP security from the network search results. Wireless networks using TKIP security will now display in search results as a grayed-out selection instead of not being displayed
- The Nintendo Switch console supports WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), and WPA2-PSK(AES). If your router is using a different security type (e.g. WPA-PSK(TKIP)), you will need to change this security type within your router's settings.
Rejoice Shacknews, now we can make thirty second videos of games! Well, a few games. Holding the share button briefly will now trigger a 30 second video clip being recorded. Data transfer between Switch consoles is also a welcome feature that should have been available months ago. Either way, now we're playing with power! Find out how to update your Switch at Nintendo's Switch Update Support webpage.