It is time. We need to have a good old Shackbattle in Rocket League. 3 on 3. I was inspired by Xavier Woods' impromptu Windjammers tournament at EVO 2017 and will be using a similar award system for the winners of this summer's Rocket League Tournament of Doom. First place splits $300 in Space Bucks (XBL/PSN/Steam/eShop). Third place splits $150 in Space Bucks. Second place, nothing.
It is never easy to get everyone in the same place on the same day, so I have a few suggestions for how we go about this. Depending on the number of teams that sign up, I suggest a weekend bracket and weekday bracket. Once we have it down to the Finals and third place games we could figure out a time that works for the teams. If the team enrollment is lower, we will keep the tournament to one day. Either way, we plan to broadcast the tournament live on Shacknews Twitch channel.
- All entrants must have a Shacknews.com account and have made at least 1 post to the Chatty.
- All 3 players on the sign-up sheet have to be in attendance for the tournament (no subs).
- Rounds leading up to the Finals will be best of three.
- This tournament will be single elimination (no loser's bracket).
- Finals will be a best of five match.
- First place team wins $300 Space Bucks.
- Third place team wins $150 Space Bucks.
- Second place team, nothing.
I will provide an update once we have the time settled for the tournament. In case you missed it, check out the Finals from last year.
Please use the comments section for coordinating teams and any suggestions you may have for me regarding the Shacknews Summer Rocket League Tournament of Doom.