Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE released just a few days ago in North America, but fans are already hard at work in an attempt to remove all forms of censorship from the game.
Sakitoshi, Sn0wCrack, Shudouken, (S)aber and Werin from the GBAtemp forums have come together to work on restoring the game to offer an experience as close to the original as possible. Currently, the team has patch version 0.9.1 available to download, which makes the following changes to the game:
- Reverted costumes back to Bikinis, also changing the menu icons back and their original names and descriptions.
- Completely redid Chapter 2 and a few other small files to return references to Gravure Modelling, this also uses the original voice files.
- Fixed any map changes relating to pictures in dungeons that were changed.
- Swapped the English files out for Japanese versions for retranslated files.
- Healing points no longer come in envelopes.
- Changed Profiles to reflect the character’s real ages and change back references to Gravure Modeling.
- Reverted any censored prerendered Cutscene files.
The GBAtemp forums includes instructions on how exactly you can install the patch on either the European or North American version of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, so be sure to read them prior to attempting to make any changes to the game as you could easily end up with corrupted files if you don’t know what you’re doing.
It’s a shame Nintendo censored portions of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for its North American release, which included the removal of swimsuits, changing the ages of some characters, and more. If you would prefer to play the game as close to its original as possible, you’re going to want to check out this fan-made patch.