Anno dev Related Designs acquired by Ubisoft

By Alice O'Connor, Apr 11, 2013 11:05am PDT

Anno series and Might & Magic Heroes Online developer Related Designs has joined the Ubisoft family, with the publisher announcing today that it has acquired the German studio. Related will continue working on MMHO and will make more games with Ubi's Blue Byte studio, which it collaborated with on Anno 2070.

Ubi owned a 29.95% stake before, and has now snapped up the remaining 70.05%.

"Bringing the talented teams from Related Designs into the fold at Ubisoft is a mutually beneficial evolution of the relationship that we've had with this great studio for the past six years," Blue Byte managing director Odile Limpach said in today's announcement.

Related and Blue Byte will be more able to share "experiences and resources" now, he said.

Related isn't huge, only 65 people-strong, but hey, isn't it about time we heard of a new Anno?

Click here to comment...

Comments

See All Comments | 1 Thread | 15 Comments